Coronavirus Thread Political II

I support this. This will hopefully influence some who may be reticent to get vaccinated.

1 Like

Listening tonight to a interview with Olivia Troye who was in every task force committee session.
She said that when Pence took over it was all about the message. And so some WHO and CDC information was not paid attention to. Apparently both Fauci and Birx tried getting the point across that the virus was not going to pay attention to the message. And it fell on deaf ears.

Actually Moderna only recommends the follow up because while the first dose provided adequate immunity for 28 days they did not have data beyond 28 days.

Pfizer’s vaccine only reaches above the 90% mark with two doses three to four weeks apart.

How close is the AZ vaccine from going into full distribution? I haven’t been keeping up.

Best of luck to you guys. It sucks she has it so bad. Hoping for a quick recovery.

1 Like

Thanks. We’re all doing well. Like I said, my wife is doing much better now. She had about three days last week where everything felt bad, uncomfortable trying to sleep, leg soreness, heaviness in her chest… all gone by Saturday, lingering leg soreness at times though. We we’re working on the house together today. She still can’t smell anything, but they say that takes a while to come back.

Don’t “actually” us. Moderna is 2 doses, period.

2 Likes

Not sure. I know they’ve had trouble because of a hiccup in their initial trials, only gave half a dose to some people, then a booster. But that proved to give them 90% efficacy in that group. Otherwise, they’re at 70%. I think their trying to get it all in one dose is shooting them in the foot.

Glad to hear that both of you are doing better. Any idea how she got infected?

I’d like to see some idols get it for the same reason. Make it cool. Some rappers and what not.

No clue. Although, I may have had it before her. If that’s the case, my carelessness out and about may have been the culprit.:man_shrugging:

My wife asked me the other day wither or not I would blame her if she brought it home and gave it to me.
And I said “Damn right I would.” It’s a good thing I was smiling when I said that.

1 Like

What recommendations from the Task Force were made by the “experts” that were not followed?

Birx and Fauci recommendations specifically that were not followed?

What I stated is a fact, get over it.

1 Like

Well most vaccines have good efficacy with a single dose and I have little doubt but that we’ll get there eventually with the Covid vaccines.

It’ll probably take at least five years with annual titer testing get get a solid idea on long term immunity.

The whole process generally takes about 90 days for full efficacy from first exposure to any virus and how long the immunity lasts then going forward varies.

With most viruses you get at least 3-7 year protection but with many the titer testing shows lasting efficacy for 15 years to life.

As the old saying goes, “time will tell”.

Is that leg soreness body aches? You have to be careful of blood clots in the legs. We have seen quite a few incidences of that in my neck of the woods. Just be careful with that. Any sudden redness, swelling, or warmth with the redness or swelling, don’t play with that. Good luck friend. Take care

No it won’t…they will say he didn’t get it…they will say it was placebo…they will say it was all a hoax to try to convince all of us to take it. They will say I am not getting a micro chip inplanted in me. They will say Vaccines kill people, vaccines cause autism. They will say it will re program my DNA, they will say I won’t take it until it’s been out for 15 years. They will say the vaccine has been rushed, they cut corners, they don’t know the long term affects. They will say I am not getting a live Corona injected into me. They will say if I take it I will get the virus.

My point? Those who have made up their mind to ignore the science will not be swayed by Pence taking the vaccine.

I think one thing that bodes well is that in several studies here and in Great Britain, they are finding doctors and nurses who caught the virus and recovered, have a near consistent high level of antibodies even 6 months after their illness. Because the body remembers the virus and activates to fight it when the first sign of infection occurs.

No worries. She’s doing great. Probably be back to running her 3-4 miles every other day this week. She’s really fit as a fiddle, and I’m healthy but less health conscious. That’s what has me scratching my head. I smoked (up until June) am a bit overweight at 220 6’. I get my exercise from work and hunting, but I don’t purposefully do so. I even had terrible issues with bronchitis and pneumonia through my 20’s because of smoking and coming from a smoking household. I was a shoe in for at least a bad bout with this thing, as was my sister who had it a couple of weeks before and came out the same as me. Her husband, who contracted it first, had a tough go but is better now, lots of congestion. She’s also a smoker and still smokes.

1 Like

That’s what we expect once the entire immune response is completed.

Once the template is made they last a long time particularly with viral antigens.

Bacterial antigens are a whole nuther discussion because typically immunity rarely lasts more than 3-5 years with most of them.

1 Like