Coronavirus Thread Political II

Funny that…and then you have states like New York demanding everything from goverment at expense of other state while not preparing for such event.

The arrogance of New York governor Cuomo was on full display. New York is deadbeat state.

1 Like

Dr. Debbie admitted they were counting them all as COVID 19 deaths if they tested positive.

1 Like

If the states and local gov’ts had done their job and prepared prior there would have been no sudden crush on supplies and no strain on the federal emergency response.

That response always has to begin at the state, county, and local level. When they fail to do their part it makes it impossible for the fed’s to do their job.

The sole job of the fed’s in disaster response is to support the states when their own resources are stretched to the breaking point by the disaster.

When only one or a handful of states have failed to prepare, it’s not such a big deal, or when the disaster is limited in scope and scale.

In this case just as with Sandy and Rita/Katrina so many states had failed in their own prep and response it overwhelmed the resources of the federal gov’t.

This isn’t the least bit new or novel, it’s happened repeatedly in our history.

Jan 22

Here on Feb 21st you started taking this virus seriously.

Yeah, the one he failed miserably.

Here is libs chance to come to Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus aid against Trump onslaught.

“If you don’t want many more body bags you refrain from politicizing it – please quarantine politicizing COVID,” WHO Director Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in a lengthy answer when asked about Trump’s criticism of the agency.

This will be the left talking point.

He’s not wrong

Of course…you’re in agreement with the person that mislead the world on China behalf.

1 Like

Conan, shoot me a PM.

It took them a while. He is doing it inside New York of course.

I’m going to give him a bit of a pass on the delay. You have to wait for the situation to develop a bit before you start moving stuff.

If that is the case, then why is the federal government bidding against the States for supplies and in some cases confiscating them without any notice or reason?

If a Democrat administration was handling things this way I would be blasting them and you would be agreeing with me.

1 Like

Because so many of the states failed to prepare which forced the fed’s to have to buy up huge stocks of supplies to aid them after the federal resources became overtaxed.

That’s what you get when your state fails to do their part and the fed’s have to takeover and allocate the resources where they are most needed.

There was also a huge problem with states that panicked and started buying up supplies simply to hoard them “just in case”.

Disaster planning and response fails in a large disaster if all of the localities, counties. and states have done a piss poor job of preparing.

I agree. As the emergency winds down then the countries of the world need to work together to eradicate this virus, as much as possible.

And defund WHO for the ■■■■ poor job they did.

That will teach them!

1 Like

Or… there could be a coordinated national response to the national health emergency instead of the current clown show that we are seeing.

4 Likes

It has to start at the local and state level.

The Fed’s provide them information constantly and funding for their own disaster programs.

It’s up to them to be prepared.

You cannot have a centralized national response in a nation this size, the closer the gov’t is to the people the better it can serve them.

We have too much landmass, too much diversity in populations, density, geography etc for that central approach to ever be effective.

That’s never going to work nor is it how our nation is structure starting with Our Constitution.

Well for all our money, the largest donor country on the planet, they aided and abetted the Chinese in their coverup and continue doing so to this day by heaping praise on them and holding them up as a shining example to the rest of the world in how they handled this outbreak.

Screw China, and Screw the WHO.

1 Like

You’re not accepting message ATM. You need to change your settings.

Of course there can be a centralized response to a major health and economic crisis.

This isn’t a call for a centralized government, but when there is a matter of logistics and supply chains… of course that can be centralized.

How do you think this proves I wasn’t taking it seriously?

This was the question in the OP of that thread.

Anyone is panicking over Coronavirus being a epidemic here in the U>S.?

I answered that question truthfully.

I don’t panic over things I can’t control.

Not panicking does not equal not taking seriously.