Cornell University leads the way with its vaccination program

will?, never said that. i said they are not protected. they’re not.

if the vaccine works for you, you are immune, if it does not, you’re not. 95% efficacy means 95% will not get the disease, the other 5% can.

People don’t know or are confused as to the medical definition of “disease.” A disease is two parts. One is the causative agent or process. Two is negative effects because of that agent or process. Asymptomatic carriers by definition do not have a “disease” since they are not negatively impacted. “Disease” is not synonymous with infection if there are no negative consequences to the infection.

What is the cases positive/total population at Cornell?

and of course they have record numbers of infections - last year they were virtual.

i’ve been saying that for over a year. ever since there was a clear distinction between detecting coronavirus in the nose and actually having covid. it is my opinion that “asymptomatic” cases are in fact not cases at all, and thats why early research was showing they rarely spread the disease.

The CDC recently admitted that about twice as many people have antibodies as the official case count would indicate.

The survey, led by the CDC, also indicates that about twice as many people have been infected with the virus as have been officially counted. More than 39 million Americans have been diagnosed with coronavirus infection since the pandemic started in 2020.

The team, led by the CDC’s Dr. Jefferson Jones, set out to determine how close the US might be to some kind of herd immunity – although they do not claim to have any kind of handle on that yet.

They worked with 17 blood collection organizations working in all 50 states plus Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico to test blood covering 74% of the population. In the end, they tested about 1.4 million samples.

In July 2020, before any vaccine was available, 3.5% of samples carried antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. That rose to 11.5% by December, they reported in the medical journal JAMA. By May, 83.3% of samples had antibodies to the virus, most of them from vaccination.

And while in July 2020, blood surveillance indicated the US was only counting one infection out of every three true infections, that fell to one in two a year later.

This was all pre-Delta, the researchers caution. Plus, they didn’t measure the other part of the human response – one involving cells known as T-cells – and one that might induce broader immunity.

States that had some of the worst Covid-19 case rates in past week also reported the highest rates of new vaccinations - CNN

Earlier antibody tests showed five to fifty times as many cases as the official counts.
Coronavirus antibodies found in 21% of New Yorkers in early testing - MarketWatch
COVID-19 Antibody Seroprevalence in Santa Clara County, California | medRxiv

Since the Delta variant arrived, it is likely that more cases are not showing up in the official case counts since the Delta variant is very good at bypassing immunity from the vaccine while producing less obvious symptoms.

1 Like

i don’t think herd immunity is possible with covid. i said that about a year ago when they figured out the short life of the antibodies. more like herd resistance.

1 Like

Yes, COVID will probably end up as another cold virus.

Everyone will be exposed to it, and some will get symptoms each year, but the risk of serious illness will be very low.

2 Likes

1chance in 5000 of getting the Covid when fully vaxxed.

Sorry to break it to ya.

Allan

Link? If it is true, the risk of getting COVID without vaccination is similarly low.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-just-42-effective-against-infection-amid-delta-spread-preprint-suggests/ar-AANf3G0

That is not what 95% efficacy means.

You have been reading the fake news.

The times will set you straight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/07/briefing/risk-breakthrough-infections-delta.html

Allan

get infected? no, can get infected… yes

That link almost a month old.

Try and stay up with the latest.

Allan

For the vaccinated.

NO IT DOESN’T. Learn the difference between efficacy and effectiveness.

yes it does, and there’s nothing i have to learn from you. you have already tried to attribute to me what i never stated.

Okay, if the chance of getting an infection after vaccination is 1 in 5000, then the chance of getting without vaccination is 1 in 3000. That is what the Mayo Clinic study showed.

I am not going to pay to see whatever propaganda the Times is putting out.

No -

the unvaccinated are:

• 6 X more likely to test + for CoV-19
  • 37 X more likely to be hospitalized for CoV-19
  • 67 X more likely to die due to CoV-19 related illness

https://twitter.com/DocJeffD/status/1431377014070464514

You are saying that 95% efficacy means that 95 percent of the people vaccinated will not get the disease. YOU ARE WRONG. 95 % efficacy means that the people who were vaccinated have 95% Lower Risk of developing the disease…Not that 95% won’t get it and 5 % will get the disease. You could stand to learn from anyone with a public health background. Not just me. If you don’t want to learn…then don’t put falsehoods out there.

Repeat…95% efficacy is that those who received the vaccine have a 95% less chance of getting sick than those who did not. So if you did not get the vaccine, you are then 95% more likely to get sick. It does not mean that 5% of the vaccinated group will get COVID.

For everyone, vaccinated or not. The unvaccinated just have a greater risk of serious symptoms until the evolution to a cold virus is complete.

There are good reasons why we don’t vaccinate against colds. The symptoms are mild, the vaccines are unlikely to be effective for more than a few months, and any vaccine carries some risks.