Cornell University leads the way with its vaccination program

Strong rebuttal. Basic definitions of infection and disease are “wrong.” When it doesn’t fit the narrative it doesn’t matter how basic the concept, it can’t be true. I urge you to avoid all those in my profession for everyone’s benefit.

I have and will continue.

Did Mary have typhoid?

Excellent. You shouldn’t care about their definitions then.

No. She was an asymptomatic carrier of Salmonella typhi. She spread it to others who developed typhoid fever. Just like an asymptomatic carrier of SARS-CoV-2 can spread it to others who develop COVID-19. You could look that up too but what’s the point if you don’t agree with the definitions?

Hammering home those “wrong” definitions with SARS-CoV-2 versus COVID-19.

Yes, she did. Can’t carry something you don’t have.

Have a nice day.

She had the bacteria that causes typhoid fever. She didn’t have typhoid fever. I gave examples for three other bacteria and related diseases.

I’ll have a great day. Thanks.

Glad we could agree.

I agree she had the bacteria. She just didn’t have the specific disease it causes. Everyone on the planet has bacteria in them. Everyone on the planet doesn’t have every disease those bacteria can cause.

An update…when this thread was started 1 week ago we were told there was an “outbreak” on the Cornell campus because 233 people had tested positive the preceding 7 days. The positivity rate at that time was an extremely low 0.88%.

This week there were 68 positives and the positivity rate is 0.28%. So, no outbreak.

1 Like

See? Vaccination is pointless.

Another update. Cornell cases continue to drop - no outbreak.

They have moved from Moderate Risk to Normal status.

1 Like

Great news!

Any word on the superspreader college football games catastrophe?

2 Likes

I hope they are tracking this. So far there has been no evidence that outdoor events are a significant source of spread. If that holds true for packed stadium events that will be great news.

1 Like

Agreed.

Still too soon?

1 Like

Are stadiums requiring vaccinations or tests?

So enough students now have natural immunity to prevent further outbreaks?

I cannot find anything that is indicating that any of these games have led to outbreaks.

More like a 96% vaccination rate.

I haven’t been.

Me either.