Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

Read the post I responded to. Geesh man.

So the other day I had a dentist appointment. As I was driving to it I was thinking about work, what else I had to do that day, another Dr’s appt I’d scheduled for that day, etc. As I was pulling into the parking lot something in the back of my brain niggled at me but I was distracted and ignored it. I parked and got out of my car and started walking up to my dentist office. Then I went into brain lock for about ten seconds in extreme confusion before I figured it out. I’d driven to my eye doctor’s office instead. Its on the same street as my dentist about about a mile away.

I’ve been to both many times so how could I get confused? How did I miss the signs for both. The intersections both are at look nothing alike and neither do the buildings.

Its because I was distracted and running on auto pilot. Its very easy for me to see how Amber Guyger could have been running on auto pilot and driven to the wrong floor and then walked to what was her apartment. She missed a rug but I missed all kinds of signs, dissimilar intersections, and a different building.

Botham Jean did nothing wrong and is in no way to blame. But Guyger isn’t some nefarious racist, trigger happy cop, etc. She is someone who was tired, running on auto pilot, and made a tragic but understandable mistake. She should and will pay dearly for the mistake but many are making more out of this than it really is.

1 Like

But Guyger isn’t some nefarious racist, trigger happy cop, etc. She is someone who was tired, running on auto pilot, and made a tragic but understandable mistake.**

You dont know her personally and have no idea as to who or what kind of person she is. And by the way if you had walked in and killed your eye doctor, you might have a point somewhere in those 4 paragraphs you spent time typing.

3 Likes

I know why all these people are defending a murder.

I’m not defending her. I’ve been 100% consistent in saying she screwed up and should be convicted of manslaughter.

My issue is people making more of this than it is. Many in the anti police crowd in this thread act like Guyger purposely sought out a black man to kill because she is a closet racist just like all cops are racists in their mind. My arguments have 100% been that I can see how she made the mistake and I believe her story that she really thought she was at her her apartment.

Again Botham Jean did nothing wrong and Guyger clearly did screw up and it cost Jean his life so Guyger must be held accountable. I don’t believe any of the insane and idiotic arguments that the cop hate crowd is putting out about racism, pre meditation, etc. Hell, someone posted a link to a meme that Guyger apparently had on her instagram account which was of a Minion from Despicable Me and had a caption of “you have no idea how much effort it takes me not to stab people today” or some such and then used that as evidence that she was an evil person wanting to kill people. I’ve seen variations of this meme across many people’s facebooks over the years and not a one of them is a killer, its just a way of venting about a rough day of work in a way that 99.9% of people would find humorous but now its suddenly evidence of her intent to kill. This is what I rail against here.

Uh. It’s murder. People should be mad. Would you be if it was your son who was murdered?

For it to be murder, she had to kill him with criminal intent.
Do you have information none of the rest of us have?

No one in this thread is “anti police”, no one has insinuated that she purposely sought out to kill a black man and no one has said she is a closet racist. If you cant cite posts where people has actually said these things, please dont insult our intelligence by just making things up.

1 Like

I started reading where it opened when I clicked on the thread.

Nobody but yourself said anything about probable cause.

The investigating agency requested she not be arrested until they had finished their preliminary investigation which is the norm when a shooting involves a cop and the investigation has to be turned over to a higher level of authority for investigation.

There was nothing at all improper with how it was handled.

Dude read the post I responded too

Much of what we do routinely is done automatically as though we’re on autopilot and we don’t realize it until we’ve made a mistake which triggers us to notice something is out of place.

I have, several times in fact.

Now again, who other than yourself even mentioned a lack of probable cause for arrest?

If you can show a record of racist acts or activities on her part please link to them.

No, you’re just making it up as usual. No one has defended her or her actions that night.

No, it’s either manslaughter or Negligent Homicide. There was zero criminal intent on her part.

She’s no more guilty of murder than you would be pulling into your neighbor’s driveway by mistake and running them over with your car.

There you go @WildRose . That is the post I responded to which Joanne and Samm started on me about. No more arguing meow

And nobody but yourself said a thing about probable cause for arrest.

TW said nothing about probable cause either.

So I’ll ask again, who was arguing there was not probable cause for an arrest?

Lmao everyone was making a strawman that I was saying the officer should be arrested before evidence is collected, which was false, thus my comment about probable cause. @TriggerWarning was rationizing the slowness of the arrest. In response, I said the notion that there wasnt probable cause the night of to make an arrest was laughable. Just stop man. Deep breathes…

The people directly whining about me saying she should have been arrested the night.

Fail.