Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

I can’t see how she can possibly get a suspended sentence or time served. I do think there’s a good chance depending on her record with the PD though that she does the minimum.

It is Dallas though so lord only knows.

It’ isn’t baseless it’s the standard deal on such claims.

What part of “probably” and “maybe” are likely to be true?

Since she was off duty they are going to have a hell of a time getting anything above whatever she’s insured for.

Unless they can somehow tie the shooting to her official duties they city may be completely off the hook.

That may be due to the fact their first reaction was to hire a lawyer and start a civil suit before learning any of the details. Ya think?

No disrespect, but that’s a dumb question.

There has been zero privileged treatment here.

Neither do you … which is what makes your opinion baseless.

Yeah those money hungry bastards only want money the hell with caring about their loved on that was killed for no reason in his own home

Exactly. I’m not the one passing my opinions off as facts. Which is why I used terms like “probably” and “maybe”. Try to keep up.

You always have a lawful use of deadly force at night with an intruder in your home, apartment, business, vehicle etc. Even someone who is trespassing on your property in Texas at night can be lawfully shot.

If she can reasonably convince a jury that she believed she was in her own apartment and that was the state of mind she was operating under the defense has a pretty good chance of at least keeping the punishment to a minimum.

Probably = “Most Likely” it’s an assertion of fact.

How many dollars will bring him back from the dead?

From the guy who uses the word “irregardless”.

From Webster actually.

Definition of probably

: insofar as seems reasonably true, factual, or to be expected : without much doubt

• is probably happy

it will probably rain

That’s why I had to double check the statutes before commenting further. They vary so much from state to state it’s pretty confusing.

This was an off duty shooting therefore she doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt or the immunity that comes with an on duty shooting.

No its not; its merely an abbreviated way to ask much longer questions. What is the likelihood of the subjects (grammatically speaking) of your “probably” and “maybe” are true? That is, what is the likelihood that the police never questioned or at least tried to question, the neighbors? And what is the likelihood that the family’s lawyer is the only one who bothered to gather any pertinent information that may be relative to the case? Unless you have zero faith in the professionalism of the DPD and the Texas Rangers, the answer to both those questions is 'very small" making your use of “probably” and “maybe” (in your expressed opinion) baseless.

Then the unnamed judge is an idiot. Murder requires intent.

It’s baseless garbage pure and simple. I’m no fan of the DPD but to claim they failed to even do the minimum in investigating the shooting is utterly baseless and born of nothing but cop hating prejudice.