Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

I don’t believe it. Who was the judge? Post a link.

States have differing laws defining murders and degrees of murder and manslaughter. It appears she acted with extreme recklessness causing death imo so it’s probably going to be whatever charge fits that conduct. It certainly possible that she’ll be acquitted if she testifies and the jury believes her story.

Looks like the City Councilman and Law Enforcement leaders are calling each other liars, but here’s a link I found. Hope it helps.

I don’t know about acquitted. Even if she thought that was her room. Even if she thought that was an intruder, I don’t think there is any room for acquittal. Unless of course they go in with a charge too lofty for the crime.

You’ve doubted virtually every shred of evidence presented on this story. You don’t even believe the lawyers are trying to receive justice for a man and his family when he was killed in his own home. Is a link really going to change that??? I don’t wanna waste my time. I already shared it earlier though, for what it’s worth.

You don’t get to dictate how LEO’s and Prosecutors in TX investigate crimes or when it is appropriate to make an arrest.

The evidence shows this was a mistake, not an intentional act and there was no indication she posed a continuing threat to anyone.

She was taken into custody and questioned for many hours the night of the shooting, holding her without charges would have been legally inappropriate and unnecessary.

Race has nothing to do with it. The same thought process applies irregardless of race.

No ■■■■■ It’s called having an opinion

You’re making that up.

“Reasonable person standard”.

Would a reasonable person under the same circumstances act in the same manner?

If you believed you were in your own apartment under the same circumstances yes, a reasonable person would act similarly under our laws.

Her problem is that she was not legally present even though she thought she was so what she has is an imperfect claim of self defense.

She should, and probably will get something close to the minimum unless the prosecution can prove to the satisfaction of the jury that she knew she was not in her own apartment.

When an LEO is involved in this state the Rangers have to take over the investigation.

It’s pure race baiting. There’s zero evidence to suggest race played any part in the shooting or investigation.

An utterly baseless claim

The supposed witnesses gave completely contradictory statements to the PD and GJ.

Uncorroborated contradictory statements are not credible.

It’s not a claim. What part of “probably” and “maybe” dont you understand?

No, you’re making it up, we know none of that to be true.

I understand it perfectly. You’e making baseless claims.

Of course they are to the tune of probably 8 figures and the lawyers will be getting 30-50% of it.

They are setting the stage for the settlement/trial now by launching every attack they can on the DPD.

Irregardless is a double negative and is horrible grammar. The word you’re looking for is regardless.

1 Like

A totally baseless claim. You dont know the attorneys personally and have no idea of what their motives are. This is no more than your opinion.