Conservatives, are DeSantis and Abbot correct?

Please explain why government requiring employers to provide a safer work environment to employees by requiring a vaccine is unconstitutional.

But on the other hand it is enforcing the Constitution for government to limit the rights of employers to provide a safer work environment.

Two sides of the same coin, if it is unconstitutional for the government to mandate that employers require vaccination, then it would also be unconstitutional for government to mandate that employers cannot require a vaccination.

WW

Because it’s not in the Constitution.

And in doing so violate the rights of property of the employers.

WW

Turn about is fair play, hopefully this takes off.

Hence the 100 employee requirement which pretty much guarantees the business is engaged in interstate commerce.

WW

Of course, which were already violated.

Horse feathers. That is a gross assumption. I knew you would try The Most Abused Clause.

So in response they are violating citizen’s rights by telling them how to run their busineesses.

But hey, who cares, right? As long as they shout at the vaccine that we all took…that’s all that matters!

Why? You won’t be able to dine anywhere.

What a strange thing to wish for.

Can you think of any company with 100 or more employees that does not engage in some aspect of interstate commerce either through supplying goods and services or receiving goods and services across state lines?

WW

I wasn’t aware engaging in interstate commerce means the government gets to run your business.

1 Like

Yes.

Right.

Yes. 10. I’m thinking of them right now

Can you think of any company that does not engage in some aspect of interstate commerce as defined by the central government?

Don’t like it when the shoe is on the other menu?

Might want to put that question to DeSantis as he is using the government to run business just like Biden. Two sides of the same coin.

Biden says businesses are required to vaccinate even if they don’t want it., DeSantis says businesses can’t require a mandate even if they do want it.

WW

Really,

Can you list those 10 and how they don’t purchases any goods across state lines while employing at least 100 employees.

No electronics, no purchasing of paper products, they don’t buy any goods manufactured outside the state. Explain how that happens please.

(Disclaimer for those following along. I don’t support either the Biden or DeSantis mandates, I think employers should be free to decide if they want to require vaccinations and think those with documented cases (at this point in time) should be treated the same.)

WW

States have a duty to protect the rights of their residents. Medical autonomy is one such right.

By violating the rights of property of their residents (meaning businesses in that state) and mandating that employers cannot take steps to ensure the safety of their work force and customers.

Still same coin, two sides, but in this case violating the rights if employers is okey-dokey.

WW

No it isn’t because those businesses forcing vaccination are violating peoples rights, not forcing them violates nobodies rights. Businesses do not possess any right to infringe on the basic rights of others. We would never allow them to mandate any other medical procedure.

Business owners have rights of property. Sure there are, many employers already have health mandates.

For example you cannot be hired by my employer without a TB screening/test (which is a medical procedure). There are many other examples of employers that require certain vaccinations as a function of their jobs such as airlines where employees travel and health care providers.

WW