Conservatives, are DeSantis and Abbot correct?

Examples of them getting away with violating the rights of individuals do not sway me.

Good to hear, then you should oppose DeSantisā€™s violating rights of property of employers.

Personally Iā€™m consistent. I think both the Biden and DeSantisā€™s mandates requiring employers decisions are mot a good thing. The employer should be allowed to choose either way and simply required to inform the public (i.e. customers) about their decision to provide a safe environment or not.

WW

What about the rights of the business owners who do t want their employees or customers to spread Covid?

Reminds me of that meme with the big bird and small bird.

The big one accusing the small one of throwing food on the floor. The small one denying it.

Then the big one saying you are doing it right now and the small one saying no iā€™m not. :grinning:

1 Like

And yet no one has found a quote of me supporting Bidenā€™s federal covid vaccine mandateā€¦strange.

Maybe like me they donā€™t care enough to look.

How many businesses were mandating vaccines before Brandonā€™s OSHA Gambit?

1 Like

Yes.
ā€¦

Donā€™t provide the names, but please explain the nature of the business were the business doesnā€™t purchase or sell items across state lines?

Ponder if you will all the items it takes to run a business from:

• Raw materials (inputs)
  • Products (outputs)
  • Electronics (printers, phones, computers, routers, modems to an ISP)
  • Software (Operating systems, word processor, spreadsheet, accounting, etc.)
  • Consumables (paper, staples, pens, trash bags, folders, ledgers, gasoline, light bulbs, hell even electricity can cross state lines)
  • Office Furnishings (chairs, desks, filing cabinets, shelving, storage cabinets, etc.)

Go ahead, just declare they donā€™t get anything that crosses state lines from external manufacturers even if they are buying from local suppliers (or selling to local suppliers) the supplies (or product) crosses state lines.

WW

Thank you.

For pointing out the horse feathers possibility of a business with 100 or more employees not engaging in interstate commerce in some aspect?

You are absolutely welcome.

WW

For proving my point:

I donā€™t think interstate commerce means you buy your supplies across state lines. I think itā€™s limited to the business you do. So a retail store would not conduct interstate commerce if it only has locations in one state, even if it buys supplies from other states.

so, 100 employees? No interstate commerce? Car dealerships? Landscapers? Grocery stores.

I think there would be some.

Are people under the impression the government owns any business that engages in interstate commerce or something?

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a constitutional question - the commerce clause allows for federal regulation of interstate businesses.

No, it allows for the regulation of interstate commerce.

2 Likes

Right. So I think some see it as a back door for the mandate to be constitutional. I donā€™t think it will work. But I assume that is the thinking.

Because it isnā€™t constitutional, because the commerce clause doesnā€™t make the government the CEO of corporations engaged in said commerce.

ā€œAmong the several statesā€¦ā€

And not businesses, commerce.

3 Likes