Consequences of Suleimani's assassination

Yep.

So is taking an oath you have no intent of keeping or have already broken. The first action in the impeachment trial should be a whole lot of senators from both parties recusing themselves.

What’s cute? The oath I copied from the Rules of Procedure?

What are you trying to say here? He? Who is he? Do you mean impartial? Wut?

I copied the oath from the Senate rules. No idea what you’re trying to convey here.

:rofl:

Of course he’s being “partial”.

2 Likes

And you felt the same way with Osama bin Laden.

2 Likes

Is McConnell supposed to be impartial to the fact that the kangaroo court in the House pushed through a politically based impeachment on rumor and hearsay by people who were angry because they were left out of the loop?
Being impartial doesn’t mean being blind, deaf and dumb.

1 Like

The two are not the same.

1 Like

Then tell me why did Clinton get to consult with the Senate during his trail.
You all need to get your facts straight.
First you tell us Trumps does not get to face his accuser the whistle blower because this is not a court of law this is an impeachment different rules for an impeachment.
But now you want to make this a court of law instead of a senate impeachment trail where the senate get to make their own rules.
Make up your minds. Because now your showing us that this is not about being honest and fair this is all about dirty politics.

2 Likes

Getting back to the consequences of Suleimani’s assassination - and where it took place (on foreign soil)…

Our allies were already looking askance at us after Trump betrayed the Kurds and invited Turkey to enter Iraq and create their little “buffer zone,” only stopping when they were done and only coincidentally after Trump had decided he’d impose sanctions on them in his surprise at what they’d done…

Now they’re just holding their heads in their hands at this idiot and what he’s done.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-allies-distance-themselves-from-trump-decision-to-assassinate-suleimani/ar-BBYG2FF?ocid=spartandhp

Both Israel and Nato stressed they were [not involved in the airstrike] on Thursday.

The Saudi deputy defense minister, Khalid bin Salman, who is also the younger brother of the kingdom’s crown prince, was in Washington on Monday to urge restraint, joining a growing international chorus.

France’s foreign minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian, insisted there was still time for diplomacy but warned that without urgent action to defuse rising tensions there was a real risk of a new Middle East war.

Iran has threatened a severe response to the US killing of Suleimani by drone strike in Baghdad last week. Brig Gen Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the commander of Iran’s aerospace division, [said on Monday]that the only appropriate response would be the “the complete destruction of America in the region”.

However, Trump is going to end this forever war and to that end he has given instructions to the Pentagon:

The Pentagon, meanwhile, continued to pour reinforcements into the region. US defense officials said the roughly 2,500-strong Marine force on board the Bataan Amphibious Ready Group, equipped with Cobra helicopters and Harrier jets, would be sent to the Middle East from their current position in the Mediterranean. Three thousand airborne troops are already on the way to Kuwait.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks Alex. This is what happens when we elect a silver spooned know-nothing elite. A dummy who doesn’t read. A pampered Manhattan skunk who has spent his useless life in the backseat of daddy’s limo.

Yea Merica!

1 Like

I’m wondering if there’s a segment of Christians who are now sure Trump was sent by God to help bring about the end times. Because he sure seems to be doing a good job of it.

I honestly wonder that too.

Liberals end of the world scenarios #443

What are the other 442?

No…Liberals aren’t Christians, as we are told daily.

It is Conservatives who are the Christians, who believe in all the prophecies and the coming of Armageddon.

And its the Middle East that has wackadoodles with nuclear and biological weapons.

Watch CNN replays starting from Nov 9 2016.
They will cover them all.

This would make more sense if we were in the early prediction stage, like when Trump predicted Obama would attack Iran in order to win his election.

Your a bit off on your religion the diehard Christians (Fewer these days in the West) are waiting around to be raptured the return of God.

Islam specifically teachings from the Quran and Hadith is a bit more warlike. Jesus whoever he was wasn’t a warrior, Mohammed however was a very successful warrior who conquered by the sword. There are no passages in the Bible of jihad and martyrdom, and I say that with a huge relief I could not imagine if Christians were hijackiing planes and blowing themselves up in order to get a one way ticket to paradise.

I read all the books in my college days after 9/11 just to see what it’s all about and it’s pretty frightening. As Sam Harris would see the problem with ISIS is they are doing nothing which is not in the Quran and nothing that Mohammed didn’t do. Thankfully Christianity didn’t stop at the Old Testament and had a 2.0… Islam doesn’t have that and it is needed.

1 Like

Trump was impeached and it is Trump’s attempt to divert attention.

Why would any ally of the USA believe anything that the now impeached president Trump says? What an appalling set of leaders we have in:Trump (USA), Johnson (UK), Netanyahu (Israel) and Morrison (Australia).

If one was a member of a jury and one indulged in communications with either the accused or prosecution one would most likely be facing a contempt of court charge.

The whistle blower is totally irrelevant to the impeachment of Donald Trump. In fact the whistle blower has as much relevance as the Loch Ness monster or the abominable snowman.

Had we not retaliated for the over run of our embassy, would the potential strikes from Iran have dramatically increased? There’s two sides to this coin and only one will be visible going forward but IMO…the option of doing nothing, was far worse in the long run.