Consequences of Suleimani's assassination

We asked Osama Bin Laden to mediate a conference between two belligerent nations so we could kill him…with the added benefit of sabotaging the conference, since we really don’t want those belligerents to settle their differences?

Wow! I didn’t know that!

no that is probably the pitter patter of liberals tiny fists on the supreme court doors :joy:

No it would not have been worse than what the now impeached president Trump did.

Given the circumstances surrounding this killing why would ally of the USA trust the word of the now impeached president Trump?

because they know it’s meaningless, and that the dems are a pathetic bunch still butthurt after losing an election using the impeachment process for political gain and revenge

it is pretty obvious

3 Likes

I am not sure what your post "because they know it’s meaningless, and that the dems are a pathetic bunch still butthurt after losing an election using the impeachment process for political gain and revenge

it is pretty obvious" has to do with the consequences of the assassination.

you think impeached relegates trump to an unworthy position. it doesnt.

it was a waste.

1 Like

why would his impeachment matter? you bring it up repeatedly

One could not seriously contend that being impeached is a badge of honour.

I know, I know, I know…you know soooooooo much…bout nuthin…amirite? Carry on… :sunglasses:

i could see that, since it was done merely for politics and revenge

they keep stomping their feet, crying “but he’s impeached” but the only thing thats happening is his polls are going up

lol

1 Like

Would they be the same polls that predicted that the now impeached president Trump would not win the 2016 election?

maybe. but you can work that out for yourself.

So one should take notice of those polls with the proverbial grain of salt?

Anyone else see this consequence of ridding the world of a poisoned mind and killing machine…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dozens-killed-in-stampede-at-soleimanis-funeral-iran-state-tv/ar-BBYH9a2

Well that isn’t very good at all.

:funeral_urn:

Worth provoking?

The sick terrorist Gen attacked a base and killed an American contractor and then attacked the US embassy and was planning more attacks against Americans.

Who provoked who?

3 Likes

Again- it’s not about whether assassinating Suleimani was warranted, it was whether the move was smart. Iraq now wants to kick us out of their country and Iran is likely to ratchet up with retaliation that leaves us with very limited options- most likely bombing Iran. Killing Suleimani makes diplomacy and deescalation pretty much impossible. Not a strategically smart move.

A month ago the Iranians were protesting against their government.

Now they are joining in solidarity against the US.

This whole thing was a completely avoidable mess.

Also pretty much playbook. A small country run by hard liners tries to provoke the US to make us overreact. Overreaction unifies their people, helps bind them more closely to Iraq and we have no allies in this. It also means that we can’t easily back away from this and the only likely option is escalating into greater war.