Consequences of Suleimani's assassination

Are those the sound of war drums I hear?

That has been The New Yorker’s slogan for decades. Perhaps if you were familiar with the magazine you might have a different attitude towards it.

1 Like

If anyone is looking for copes on the Iran situation, here’s one. This brings the era of US military hegemony on behalf of Israel that much closer to its end.

@BarackObama
will attack Iran in the not too distant future because it will help him win the election.“ Trump.

Man thinks attacking Iran will help with reelection.

Man is now running for re-election.

I don’t think it’s to distract from impeachment, just a “trump strong” political move for this coming election.

1 Like

Why would he want to distract from the upcoming aquittal.

Guess somebody didn’t think that through. :grin:

2 Likes

You can, to an extent, predict what Trump will do, based on what he had previously accused Obama of doing, or suggested he might do.

He whined about Obama playing golf, then proceeded to play more golf in two years than Obama played in eight. He whined about Obama “hiding” his college records and birth certificate, and then (actually) spent (and is still spending) millions of dollars to keep his tax records private. He said Obama would start a war with Iran to get re-elected, and he’s starting a war with Iran to get re-elected.

9 Likes

Not me. I’d feel better if there had been more exclamation points.

1 Like

the leader is saying no such thing

Looks like there is only one Trump* fan that’s horrified here. The rest have to be pretty well drunk on the cult Kool-Aid.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1214352190946590726?s=21

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1214352865201930240?s=21

*3rd Impeached President of the United States

1 Like

Of course… Mitch is totally impartial and not coordinating with the White House. Checks and balances are completely in place.

It was an all out assassination plot. Not a target of convenience. That will end up being of great consequence to Trump if this is true.

1 Like

what he did do was put his foot down when miss obstruction of congress make it up as you go along Pelosi made demands of the senate

your attempts to control that narrative crashed and burned too. sorry.

not enough stupid people believe the lies and narrative

better luck next time

1 Like

He has openly admitted that he would coordinate his running of the impeachment with the White House.

Yes. he’s allowed consultation with the defendant

your “playing favorites” narrative nonsense… as Turtle says, non-starter

If you think of the Senate as the judge and jury - then no. He is not allowed to “consult” with the defendant.

‘‘I solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that
in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment
of ——— ———, now pending, I will do impartial justice
according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.’’

3 Likes

If, in a criminal trial, a judge was to “consult” with the defendant or his legal team without the prosecutor present as well, the defendant’s lawyer could be disbarred, and the judge could be sanctioned, or even removed from the bench.

That’s called ex parte communication, and barring seriously extenuating circumstances, it’s a bad thing.

1 Like

sure he is

no one said hes trying to be judge and jury

narratives to the left of me. narratives to the right…

cute

hes not being partial

amazing how the “news” cranks the narratives, then you guys run with them here…

He’s essentially supposed be playing the role of the judge and jury.

But that’s not point. He is capable of doing whatever he wants - but that does not mean we have to swallow your narrative that it’s ok if he does whatever he wants.