Congratulations Ms/Miss/Mrs Doe it's a boy. Now lets have a discussion

Next will be the termination of Down Syndrome births like they do in the Netherlands.

Geez, is it really that hard to do a little research on your own rather than relying in talking points from pundits, and think tanks?

Hell just in this very thread two different situations completely mistrued into the time test emotional tear jerker of they are allowing murder!!!

1 Like

I notice you’ve completely ignored the context already posted in this thread. I can’t help but wonder why?

Why put a limit on what is a medical decision between a woman and her doctor?

Say it gets raised to 30 weeks and things go sideways between weeks 31 and 36? Because we know it happens.

What then? Why have an arbitrary limit on it?

The law is pretty clear. Viability of the fetus and life of the mother. That is a private decision to make.

And remember… the vast vast vast majority of those terrible decisions are being made by women who want the baby.

The State has no right to poke their nose into tragedy just to make people who have no skin in the game feel better about themselves.

This is all in anticipation of Roe v Wade being overturned. If it is, states would again have the ability to dictate rules for abortion. By doing this, NY state law would mirror Roe v Wade.

No. I will not dance on the strings of your emotional manipulation.

How many here even seen a 32 week old “fetus”?

Have you ever seen a baby hooked up to life support?

New York doesn’t allow that

Yes…

And after many surgeries the boy will be starting school next year.

do you think the mother should have a choice to remove the baby from it?

Because that would require rational discussion, rather than raw emotion.

Life is lived on a slippery slope. There’s no escaping it.

Sometimes parents ask for a baby to be rescuscitated at birth, only later to ask to stop treatment for a non-survivable medical issue.

Why do you want to nitpick every sad decision parents may have to make?

I have shared all over this board that self-defense is a perfectly licit response. And I’ve said that our laws (and all of Western society, for that matter) consider self-defense a reasonable defense for taking another life – and because of that, abortion laws of any sort shouldn’t even have to address that.

Then by all means carry on your serious butt hole discussion. This is helpful.

Then lets stop building guardrails etc.

Then we can allow Darwinism to take it’s rightful place.

Have you ever had to make the choice to remove someone from life support?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/va-gov-northam-faces-backlash-over-no-limits-abortion-bill/2019/01/30/c5e13cd8-24c0-11e9-90cd-dedb0c92dc17_story.html?utm_term=.0a2e7bc6243a
Ofirah Yheskel, a spokeswoman for Northam, said: “No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor.

Get real.

That’s fixable.