Coming death of this Russian Collusion conspiracy

Why was Clinton impeached for obstruction of justice? It wasn’t a crime to have sex with an intern.

Because you absolutely can obstruct justice even if there is no underlying crime.

Even by Barr’s assessment there was evidence of obstruction. Why not say there was no basis for a charge of obstruction, instead of forgoing a decision at all.

According to Barr, that is exactly what the Mueller investigation found. From his summary:

"The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks. "

There was no obstruction.

Based on …

“Although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.”

“I know there were many opinions expressed by people who were not part of the investigation — including people in government — but none of that mattered to us. Opinions are irrelevant, and they were all uninformed by insight into our investigation because we did our investigation the right way.”

“our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case”

How do you know?

No one watching Barr’s press conference this morning?

Fun facts: Trump’s lawyers read the report last week. Good times.

Also, very clear that Barr is running cover for the President right now.

1 Like

Trump’s attempts to obstruct the investigation are excusable due to his frustration over it and his other “non-corrupt” motives.

Yeah, OK.

Has he met Trump?

1 Like

Tough break, dems, but the collusion crusade is now over.

What the heck is this ‘10 areas of potential obstruction’ that Barr was referencing in the Mueller report. Was Mueller saying that these areas should be looked at by maybe a group of smart people who would be able to decide whether it was obstruction or not? What the heck did he think his job was?
And, of course, people like Rachael Maddow and the CNN team will immediately decide that they are those smart people who should determine if there was obstruction and we all know what they will determine.
Mueller should give his salary back if he left those as open questions. I mean, its up to the DOJ to determine but the whole purpose of a special counsel is to take it away from the rest of the DOJ.

And what would this news be without a Trump Tweet? :rofl:

Nothing to see here anymore, change the channel go outside, and MAGA!

Anything re: the report that comes after is Fake News!

There’s no need to be upset. It’s a positive thing to know that the President is not guilty of the accusations presented. :hugs:

1 Like

It would be, I agree.

If true.

Speaking of positive notes, did anyone catch the part where he said, “no Americans” were involved in this collusion conspiracy?

Think about that. :wink:

1 Like

I just thought it would worth a check in to see how the kook fringe left is handling itself this morning. In answer to the question Dem’s aren’t going to give this up, even though four investigations have found no collusion, there was no obstruction. They’ve invested too much in their fake narrative. Their boy Mueller failed 'em…

People with character and dignity would move on…

I watched some of Rachel Maddow, the completely credibility challenged conspiracy theorist on MSNBC last night…And trust me watching that woman isn’t easy to do. She’s always been a hack. She looked like she was going to have a breakdown…

They’ve invested two+ years in trying to undo the last presidential election. They were wrong every step of the way…People with character and dignity would move on…They won’t.

It’s sad. In America today we’ve got a booming economy, what should we be doing to continue the boom? We’ve got a crisis on the border, even though the same people who’ve been wrong every day for the last two years also told us there was no crisis. There is. Can we now deal with that? We need to get our health care system out of the limbo it is in now courtesy of ObamaCare…Maybe the smartest guys in the world in DC could deal with that.

People with character and dignity would move on…I don’t expect the libs to do that. If any of them respond to this post it will be “But how many Benghazi investigations?” or some such stupidity.

It’s 2019 folks…Time to stop trying to change the outcome of the 2016 election.

It’s fun watching right wing nuts losing their ■■■■ right now.

1 Like

I mean if you ignore Manafort, stone and the marshall plan…but sure…

If Eric Holder did the same thing, trump supporters would be jumping off of buildings right about now.

Chris Wallace on Fox: “The Attorney General seemed almost to be acting as the counselor for the defense, the counselor for the president, rather than the Attorney General, talking about his motives, his emotions… Really, as I say, making a case for the president.”