Colorado commission has Masterpiece Bakery in its crosshairs again

You should scold the SCOTUS. Everything from makeup artists, to sandwich artists, to floral arrangement artists were used in analogies.

Being in a protected class doesn’t make your celebration any more protected than the celebration of a white supremacist.

Thank you for stating your position so clearly.

It doesn’t grant him special license either. If it is discrimination against a protected class, his own protected class status can’t save him.

Is this the part where you pretend my contention that the law doesn’t grant more protection to a transgender persons celebration than it does to a white supremacists celebration is the same thing as saying I personally find them to be of equal moral validity or offensiveness? Do you feel the need to stoop so low?

Shame on you to accuse me of things I wouldn’t do. I thanked you for stating your position so clearly. I was going to let other people attack your stated position. My work here is done.

Uh huh. Look, the court is going to face the same dilemma you are faced with here. How oh how do we force this baker to act against his personal moral code but somehow not end up with everyone else being forced to do the same thing.

Are you suggesting that he doesn’t just bake plain, old cakes?

I agree. It’s going to be interesting to read their decision.

We had to force sandwich shops to allow black people to sit inside, even if it was against the owner’s moral code. We survived.

No white person would do that. Let’s move on to the next irrelevant analogy.

no white person would do that. Let’s move on.

So why bother? Let it go.

There are plenty of people on this board and outside of it who loathe bullying. The “win” takes place in the market both for the baker and for the transvestite. What the lesson should be is mutual respect.

But, that isn’t going to happen.

He has a moral objection to people asking him to be complicit.

It is the intent of the request for a custom cake, not the ingredients.

You can’t even describe what was “custom” about the cake.

The request was custom.

What I learned today…

Being a part of a protected class, doesn’t make you special

That I can discriminate against the celebration of a person of a protected class but I cannot discriminate against that person of a protected class

That offering something of lesser value to a person of a protected class for the sole reason of not liking that protected class… is not discrimination…because after all I still “served” you

You’re flailing.

Don’t forget to add that the nature of a cake changes depending on the words you use to describe it.

Absurd, how do you know what every white person would or wouldn’t do?