Cohen Pleadin' The 5th

Yes he does. He’s called me a lib more times than I can count. Along with other regular posters from the old forum, like Joanne, Konnsurvative, wonderingrover, and others. Even though we are all principled conservatives. But because we largely oppose Trump, people like Conan label us as “libs” in an emotional, reactionary way.

That is correct. As of now, he has not been charged with any crime. We can only speculate if he is withholding evidence related to a crime. Only he knows if that is the case or not.

So your happy that the president is using his position to go after his political enemies, while complaining about someone using their position to go after their political enemies?

1 Like

“I do not recall” - Hillary Rodham Clinton

1 Like

Anybody who believes there is a criminal investigation or prosecutions pending. :grinning:

Or was that rhetorical?

Yes that’s synonymous with “i use my fifth amendment right not to INCRIMINATE myself”

Oh and yes the “i don’t recall” excuse is silly too

Only the best people.

What a bunch of crooks.

1 Like

If testimony in a civil trial could lead to a criminal charge then that defendant can plead the 5th.

Thats because he seems to believe that anyone who doesn’t echo his thoughts must be a “lib”. I find it funny that he uses the term as if it has some negative connotation to it as if it’s an insult.

1 Like

trumpism in a nutshell

In all, Reagan said I don`t recall or I can`t remember 88 times in the eight hours of testimony taken Feb. 16-17 in Los Angeles.

I see. I’m still a little foggy on why Susan McDougal didn’t plead the 5th. She went to jail for not answering questions.

True. The irony though is that unfettered support and defense of Trump is hardly conservative. Yet so many of his supporters have hijacked my ideology and claimed it for themselves, yet behave in many ways that is in complete opposite to actual conservative principle.

Here is her reasoning…

During the grand jury, McDougal stated her full name “for the record” and then refused to answer any questions. In her book, she explained, “I feared being accused of perjury if I told the grand jury the truth. The OIC had accepted David Hale’s lies as the truth. They were also now relying on Jim McDougal’s lies, which they’d carefully helped him construct. If I came in and directly contradicted those two – whose testimony had been used to convict me of four felonies – I feared the OIC would next accuse me of perjury.” She also writes that she feared the same fate as Julie Hiatt Steele,[8] who had contradicted the testimony of White House aide Kathleen Willey: “Simply telling the truth cost Steele everything she had, almost landed her in jail [for perjury], and jeopardized her custody of her adopted son.”[9]

McDougal’s grand jury testimony included her response: “Get another independent counsel and I’ll answer every question.”[10] She was publicly rebuked for refusing to answer “three questions”[11] about whether President Clinton had lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial, particularly when he denied any knowledge of an illegal $300,000 loan. U.S. District Court Judge Susan Webber Wright sentenced her for civil contempt of court.

You hired Trump???

It’s been proven to you many, many times that this never happened.

I guess you’re just desperate to be a victim, even if its all imaginary victimhood.

You don’t get to dictate what is or what isn’t relevant to a thread.

I was not dictating. Your post was not relevant to the discussion being had, so I assumed you were confused. New forum and all of that. It was simply a FYI for you that you may have posted something in the wrong thread, because the post was not something in this thread that would push the discussion forward.

Unless that was your goal of course, to derail the thread with some sort of whataboutism or deflection? But I was giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

I’d say … Bingo

Post I was responding too said innocent people don’t react like this…meaning taking the 5th.

I replied Lois Lerner?

You seem to have a problem with that. The question you should be asking is why.

Again you don’t get to dictate how this discussion unfolds Mr Authoritarian.