Cohen Pleadin' The 5th

Looks like you were correct Midwest. My benefit of the doubt was unwise.

And Conan, for you to call others authoritarian is quite hilarious. Do you even see the irony of you, of all people, calling someone else an authoritarian? :rofl:

I’m not the one that’s trying to dictate this discussion.

Correct. You’re the one trying to derail the discussion with deflection and whataboutism.

I asked a simple question lib. One that you didn’t like so now you’re trying to make it about me.

Well too bad.

I also find it ironic no one asked me if I felt Cohen was guilty if he pleads the 5th. Instead they making it personal.

Typical lib tactic.

This is the guy who said we should lock up anyone who happens to be a liberal. #Authoritarian

Maybe that is because no one cares about your opinion given the way you throw insults around, your typical tactic on the old board and now this one.

2 Likes

Then report me.

I agree with Midwest here as well. I was hoping the new forum would create a better place, for a quality exchange of ideas and debate. Not the typical name calling that Conan has always seemed to resort to, when challenged and incapable of defending himself through logical discussion.

As for reporting, why would someone do that? Instead, I encourage you to want to be a better contributor and help to make this a better board than the last one. We all have a fresh start here brother. Why not take advantage of it?

1 Like

You didn’t like the way the discussion was going.

If Cohen is guilty for pleading the 5th, would that make Lois Lerner guilty as well?

You seem to have a problem with that for some reason.

Why?

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Cohen is a slimy sleezeball, and of course he is pleading the 5th. Only problem with that is it implies guilty.

1 Like

Because we aren’t talking about Lois Lerner. Geez its almost as if the concept of staying on topic is foreign to you.

Again…attempt to dictate who a discussion should unfold. When that doesn’t work you make it personal.

Why?

Cohen pleading the 5th doesn’t make him guilty, unless you apply the standard and rhetoric that Trump and his group of useful idiots have been touting for years.

Which is what it really is about. Pointing out your hypocrisy, inconsistency and idiocy.

It’s a taste of your own medicine.

On a side note, who here really thinks that Cohen is squeaky clean? Anyone?

We are talking about pleading the 5th are we not?

Tell you what, start a thread on Lois Lerner and we can all weigh in on that thread regarding her and whatever OP you feel is pertinent to discussion.

And in this thread, we can discuss the OP as provided, and what it means for Cohen to have taken this step.

Personally, I believe the decision for him to plead the fifth was the only logical option available to him. He cannot put himself in a position of possibly incriminating himself over a civil suit, which could lead to a criminal indictment. Especially given that he does not know what the Prosecutors in NY are aiming at exactly, with respect to their criminal probe against him.

Additionally, now that Trump has REALLY screwed both himself and Cohen by admitting on Fox & Friend’s that Cohen did very little legal work for him, that now opens up Prosecutors in NY to really dig into all of the evidence they obtained in the warrant executions on Cohen. Trump essentially torpedoed the idea of overwhelming attorney-client privilege existing.

1 Like

Yeah specifically Cohen Pleading the 5th, not everyone else in history who might have especially when it is an attempt to downplay it’s implications just because the other side did it.

I think Cohen is a slimball…that was my first impression of him when he was trotting out the first time.
That’s my opinion.

You don’t get to tell may anything.

I think your opinion is pretty popular.

But what you’ve established is that it doesn’t matter if he’s a slime ball. Or corrupt. Or a liar. Or a disgusting human being. Or even a flat out criminal.

As long as you get something out of it, then he’s your man.

One facet of the Trump doctrine.

I did not make it personal. I gave you a simple FYI, with the benefit of the doubt that you mistakenly posted in the wrong thread. Assuming you were not intentionally trying to derail the thread with a deflection to someone that is completely and totally irrelevant to the discussion many of us are having here. And then YOU, in typical Conan fashion made it personal by calling me Mr Authoritarian. So, I’ll ask the same question of you…why? Why do you always insist on personal insults?