Coca Cola to employees: Be less white

According to Coca Cola’s alleged training information for employees, they are encouraging employees to be “less white”. Here is an excerpt:

To be less white is to:
-be less oppressive
-be less arrogant
-be less certain
-be less defensive
-be more humble
-listen
-believe
-break with apathy
-break with white solidarity
Whistleblower: Coca-Cola Tells Employees ’ Try To Be Less White’ (thefederalist.com)

It sounds like the management of Coca Cola have resurrected the old racist Jim Crow phrase, “That is mighty white of you,” but now the phrase means that you need remedial training, re-education, and possible termination of employment.

My understanding of modern leftist racial theory is that unlike gender, which can be freely changed based on person’s whims, race is immutable. How can someone be “less white” when whiteness is the ancestral curse based on skin color?

For example, what happens when some of pale complexion says that they identify as “mixed race” or some other race to avoid being fired or sent for more training in the how evil their skin color is? Will that just prove that they even more evil?

Who in their right mind would voluntarily self-identify as “white” given the vicious management-enforced racial stereotyping on display at Coca Cola?

Surely, this is a fabrication. We’ve been assured countless times by forum leftists that this type of thing doesn’t happen in ANY diversity training session.

I’m gonna assume this story is a bit more nuanced than “Coke tells employees to be less white”.

2 Likes

Well, so much for judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

2 Likes

Cancel Cola?

Drink Dr Pepper

1 Like

Gross

I don’t see the problem? It’s just diversity & inclusion

Well, given the topic of the thread I cannot recommend 7-Up because it’s a white soda. :wink:

So glad I left the military.

“I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every sailor in the Navy. I pledge to engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to better myself and my communities. I pledge to be an example in establishing healthy, inclusive and team-oriented environments. I pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained from activities above to inform the development of Navy-wide reforms.”

Not sure it puts us in danger but I definitely would not make that pledge.

7-Up sucks anyways…Sprite all the way

Aside: you ever notice that the really cheap Swiss cheese has fewer holes so therefore more cheese?

I’ll be less white when the weather warms up and I open the pool.

3 Likes

My Papa was a World War 2 Navy veteran and he use to boast about how he saved 300+ sailors from dying from an excruciating death.

He shot the cook

1 Like

Is tanning cultural appropriation?

2 Likes

Maybe. I get pretty damn dark when I tan. lol

I think a lot of companies are doing this. Maybe not as blatantly obvious. I am around 40+ year old. Recently I notice commercials are using many more minorities actors. Black, women, Hispanic, Asian, mixed races. Also depicting a lot of interracial couples. This didn’t happen 5-10 years ago. I’m not complaining - just reporting. It’s a pleasant news.

It really isn’t.

Out of curiosity, what entry on this list do you object to?

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s the implication that all those things, or rather what it advises to be less of, are somehow especially white.