Coca Cola to employees: Be less white

i thought all this was a joke

no company can be insane enough to tell its employees that

please tell me this was a joke

1 Like

It’s 2021 … sanity was sooooo the 20th Century.

1 Like

They know someone will leak it to media. I can’t believe this is true.

who’s reporting it? i m afraid to look.

What does that mean? Like an equipment operator being “less certain” of safe operating procedures?

Sounds very Mao-y, circa 1965 or so.

1 Like

Why?

Biden reversed Trump’s ban critical race theory in federal agencies. I would not be surprised if the Biden Administration ends up mandating the theory everywhere.

Biden’s support for critical race theory is arguably the most racist policy by a President since Woodrow Wilson imposed racial segregation in the federal government in 1914.

Ironically many who support the critical race theory also support re-establishing racial segregation, but this time the excuse is to protect people of color from evil and dangerous white people instead of the other way around. College campuses are at the lead of re-imposing segregation and enforcing racial stereotypes.

After looking into this a bit, Coca Cola has an internal global learning curriculum called “Our Better Together”. The point of this curriculum is to help build an inclusive workplace. That curriculum is part of a larger “coca cola university”, which I assume is Coke’s internal training system for it’s employees.

A part of “Our Better Tomorrow” grants Coke employees access to LinkedIn Learning. Which is something separate from Coke. It appears that Coke uses LinkedIn Learning to access various trainings and resources about equity and inclusiveness. The training in question is available, to anyone, Coke employee or not, through LinkedIn Learning. What isn’t clear is if this training was identified by Coke as a resource or if the whistleblower accessed it on their own, not prompted by Coke.

Long story short, the online training system Coke uses grants access to a third party resource library, LinkedIn Learning, that contains a public ally available training that includes content about “being less white”. The question is whether Coke directed their employees specifically to this resource or if it was accessed unprompted.

My take is that Coke got lazy when providing its employees access to resources through its “Our Better Tomorrow” curriculum. It doesn’t appear that Coke intentionally promoted this specific training.

4 Likes

Oh ye of little Wokeness…

That actually does make a world of difference in this particular case.

1 Like

Great analysis. This makes sense.

“Be less white” is not my idea of diversity and inclusion training. However if someone wants to voluntarily take the course… more power to ya.

1 Like

The video from the story about Smith College shows that the college is imposing racist policies based on critical race theory. I expect that many corporations and federal agencies will have similar policies base with the encouragement and/or requirement from the Biden adminstration.

Coca Cola is not alone.

The HR Department did. Valerie Love.

No…the same company that owns Keurig owns them.

:sunglasses:

Seeing all of Americans being presented. Why else?

That’s fantastic and has nothing to do with what I posted.

Are they?

The HR department did what?

Actually it does.

2 Likes