Church Shooting White Settlement, Texas

Ok so it’s being reported one of the parishioners who put the shooter down was a “ former FBI agent” who used his/ her own weapon.

You didn’t pick up on my creative use of sarcasm. My bad.

Any permit holder who is a decent shot could do it. I know that isn’t what some want to hear but there it is.

The guy that broke up the shooting at Burnette Chapel Church of Christ (couple years back)

was a mere member.

Everyone who legally carries a handgun in Texas is trained in their use and the laws governing their use.

1 Like

I remember being told when our state when constitutional carry with no permits required for concealed carry it was going to be the wild, wild west all over again Blood running in the streets.

I am underwhelmed with what really happened. Nobody can even tell there was a change in law.

God bless Texas!

Had the gunmen not been taken out by two who were the church’s volunteer security, more would have been killed.

Condolences to those who lost loved ones.

3 Likes

“Former FBI Agent” can mean anything. He could have been an agent who was fired because he couldn’t shoot.
It’s irrelevant.
He was an armed private citizen.

4 Likes

To me this fact is irrelevant. An armed citizen took the guy down (a 70 year old guy at that). Period. I think this is getting more play because even though they can’t argue the good guy took out the bad guy in a situation that could have been worse, they can counter with but he was an ex-FBI guy so he was “qualified” to do it.

1 Like

That’s exactly what they’re up to. Trying to paint those people as highly trained security personnel. They want you to think that self protection is not for the common person.

4 Likes

Unless, of course, they are on a military base. There even military officers can’t carry fire arms.

They shouldn’t be.

I think what he did proves this wrong.

Registered weapons?

What’s that supposed to mean?

Ha ha ha - Thus all the mandatory training requirements before being allowed to purchase a gun.

The FBI should be involved if there is reason to believe that this is not just a random attack by one person. Perhaps they know more that what appears in media reports.

I still have seen nothing that identifies the shooter.

You think every one who pulled a gun in that video was on the security team. We don’t even know of the guy who shot was.

What did you think of the post I was responding too with that?

No. But that’s not at all what my post said or even implied.

They got it out “locally” it seems. For some reason the MSM is still saying unidentified gunman.

Wonder why?