Church Shooting White Settlement, Texas

It’s been less than a day.

Do you think they are not going to identify him?

Well it is Texas, so you know they will protect them if that’s true.

2 Likes

Having a security team in place, volunteer or otherwise is a great idea. So much better than just handing out guns to everyone and hoping for the best.

You’ve never been to NJ or NY, have you? He’d be dead in one second.

But I see I made a mistake in just reading the posts here and not the actual news article.

It was not “armed parishioners” who saved the day.

It was two members of a security team…

“Two of the parishioners who are volunteers on the security force drew their weapons and took out the killer immediately, saving untold number of lives,” he said.

and

Lt. Gov. Patrick said the state now allows licensed handgun owners to legally carry weapons into places of worship. Another law allows churches to develop, train and plan for their own teams to provide security.

So these were ‘trained’ people, not just parishioners with guns.

But that’s what we’re coming to - every place of business and worship needs armed security. That’s actually rather sad.

And what happens when some young punk decides to “Swat” another young punk at church he doesn’t like?

I dont think the church handed out the guns. I am pretty sure the congregation was exercising their 2nd amendment right

3 Likes

The video I saw was from a distance. Shooter all the way in the back. Guys who got shot were all the way in the back.

It looked like the first guy who got shot was attempting to draw a weapon in response to the threat.

People talk about “one armed citizen” taking out the shooter. It took several to do that.

I don’t think anyone is actually suggesting that.

This made me chuckle. Thank you.

You don’t think the NRA or any of their supporters here would be pleased if every American owned and was walking around carrying a gun?

How’d that work out for the machete guy? He wasn’t dead in 1 second.

The NRA and responsible gun owners support armed citizens who are trained and follow the law. That’s a far cry from “just handing out guns to everyone and hoping for the best.”

2 Likes

I was taking your post at face value. So likewise I was chuckling.

Reports are the shooter used a shotgun. I am expecting calls to ban shotguns.

Of course Biden praised shotguns back in 2013. See video starting a :40

1 Like

Well some of the NJ posters are always bragging about how they control guns so i would think they would be less able to defend themselves.

Also these were parishioners who volunteered to be part of the “security”. Certainly not professionals.

I might add that lots of folks attend TX churches with concealed weapons.

Just a fact of life. Several do at sis’s church including the preacher.

To be honest a good many in Tn do as well.

For once we agree.:+1:

2 Likes

That’s not what a rat does?

First of all, your first statement (about handing to everyone and hoping) has no connection to the second statement about the NRA.

NRA isn’t about everyone owning a gun. It’s about protecting ownership rights for those who do want to own guns.

Further, one of the charters of the NRA is about proper training and use of guns.

3 Likes

I would be curious to find out the backgrounds and training the two congregants have had. Haven’t seen the video but I’m wondering if they recognized the threat prior to the shotgun blast(s) or they drew and fired their weapons as a reaction?
Either way, props for dispatching a mass murderer and a potential slaughter of innocents.

1 Like

Yes, it is rare that an attack against a church is labeled a hate crime unless there is an apparent racial component.

For example here are four churches destroyed by apparent arson just in the past month:

The only story where hate is listed as a possible motive was one involving a predominate black congregation.

Of course, there was a recent case where a man was sentenced to 15 years in prison for burning a rainbow flag taken from a church:

He would probably gotten a much lighter sentence if he had just burned the whole church down; hating Christians is rarely considered a crime.