Church Shooting White Settlement, Texas

Today

A gunman killed two people during a Sunday morning service at a church in White Settlement before members of the congregation fatally shot him, authorities say.

Police in White Settlement, about eight miles west of Fort Worth, were called before 11 a.m. to the West Freeway Church of Christ at 1900 South Las Vegas Trail after two members who are part of the church’s security team opened fire on the gunman.

They haven’t released hardly anything yet on the murderer. Probably be tomorrow.

News reports say 6 seconds from start to finish, looking at the video I think it was quicker.

Nobody needs to carry a gun in a civilized society. The 2nd Amendment is an anachronism.

They were not “security officers”, they were members of the congregation.

Wow…6 seconds from start to finish.
That’s how you stop a shooter.

Well done.

3 Likes

That’s forever.

“Civilized society”

2 Likes

It was an excellent shot.

I’m sure, never been involved with active shooting. Either way 6 seconds it helluva lot better then 60 seconds…or 6 minutes.

Precisely.

4 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

I just watched the video.

See all other guys with gun drawn?

LOL that shooter was going to be a dead either way.

Only in Texas.

2 Likes

Apparently we’re not allowed to post links to videos. Please edit before the thread gets deleted.

This also blow hole in libs little theory. If everyone has gun they wouldn’t know who the shooter is…and start shooting one another.

2 Likes

Well that sucks. That video is prime example everything that libs said…and there beloved little theory went right out the window IMO.

Everyone should see it for themselves.

Then maybe the real truth will come out.

Yes it does. Great point.

Nice shootin. I hope he blew the smoke from his barrel when he finished.

I don’t and he didn’t. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

1 Like

Yep, and kept his gun on him.

1 Like

I hope churches all over the country will study this video and the one from the Australian murderer in New Zealand. There are a lot of lessons to be learned.

2 Likes

“We lost two great men today, but it could have been a lot worse, and I am thankful our government has allowed us the opportunity to protect ourselves,” said Britt Farmer, the church’s senior minister.

I can’t even imagine what would have happened had the church not been prepared to confront this evil?

Yes but remember the anti gunners tell us that having multiple good guys with guns interceding will lead to old west shootouts and dead and bleeding bodies everywhere.

These were not “professionals” either, they were average people who were volunteers protecting their congregation.

Just a great example of why I like training and working with churches/security team members.

3 Likes

The sad part is having to ask permission from gov’t to protect ourselves at all.

1 Like