Christian involvement in politics

How well do you practice Christianity? Have you succeeded at eliminating all these from your life? Are you working on eliminating all of them from the lives of your friends and co-workers?

1 Like

Individual citizen has far less social impact through their example than the head of free world does. Do we actually care about the necessity of virtues and having those exemplified if we are handwaving all that away with questionable moral relativism? What spiritual and godly renaissance is being ushered in? There isn’t one.

1 Like

That’s such a lame copout. Yes. No one is perfect. But you have to have standards lol

And your damn right that if my friend cheated on his wife, ran a fraudulent university, and always lied about the stupidest stuff - then he wouldn’t be my friend. Geesh dont we have basic standards? I’m not Christian and I’m more Christian than Trump

Hillary isn’t perfect either. I guess that makes all your complaints pointless

:joy: This is incredibly weak.

There’s a hypocritical ‘‘christian’’ taking a real beating in this thread.

I donate time to the poor, have been faithful to my wife for 25 years, try to be a great and present father, pay my taxes, am honest to a fault, have no interest in material things and am as generous as I can be. Also I have never boasted. Until just now. :wink:

1 Like

forcefield is not the POTUS and he is not participating in this thread so you can act as his Christian counselor. You’re deflecting, as usual.

1 Like

I’m the least boastful person you will ever meet hands down. Believe me

1 Like

Hey ya’ll why we mad about elizabeth warren. Nobodys perfect!

Why? It seems when the President displays any of these qualities it is outrageous. Isn’t that same outrage there when these qualities appear in you and those close to you? Or is it, whenever they do, you reflect on Bible passages about love, forgiveness, and mercy?

The irony here: Donald Trump was already the GOP nominee before my state voted in the primaries. As far as the electoral vote? My state voted for Hillary Clinton. In the 2016 election my vote mattered not at all. I was (and still am) pretty much of an onlooker. Yet my reaction when Donald Trump was elected was exactly the same as when Barack Obama won. I wanted both to have successful presidencies. I am not about to wish a failed presidency on anyone. Attempting to shame me until I cave and do so is plain silly.

I am interested how ‘successful’ is defined when you wanted Obama to have a successful presidency and again with wishing Trump a successful presidency.

I’m puzzled. You need the definition for successful?

Successful

1. achieving or having achieved success.

To carry it further

Success

1. the favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.

Why? How do you define success?

Look, I’m being sincere here and am genuinely curious. Success in political terms is often viewed as accomplishment of policy, of which the two administrations you cited are quite often in contradiction. If not viewed through policy success, what success are you measuring and hoping for? Your statement seems nuanced and I’m curious in what ways, the answer to which could be thought provoking. Or you could just be condescending to me just out of the blue for no good reason.

I use the same meaning as when God instructs the Israelites taken into captivity to pray for the peace and prosperity of the cities they were held in. The words used mean the cities were to be so successful that it was to be viewed as a sign of divine blessing.

If the country is successful then the overall station of its people will increase.

You are right about that.

But we all know Native Americans were the picture of human purity and perfection before Columbus and those that came after him later showed up and ruined everything. :laughing: That’s why we must be mad at Elizabeth Warren. She’s an oppressor disguising herself as the oppressed.

If you mean you want America to be successful, I agree. But Obama’s presidency was successful precisely because it achieved what he wanted, which is to make sure America was anything but successful.

1 Like