Christian involvement in politics

I am not being condescending–very annoyed, yes. I am interested in watching, How will the country be moved forward? How will the nation and its people not only be better off, but bettered? Different people have different views on how to do this. Whatever their views, however they decide to proceed, I wish them well. It’s a tough job. I want them to succeed. I did not bad-mouth President Obama when he was in office; I do not bad-mouth President Trump; I would not have bad-mouthed Hillary Clinton–even though I hope with all that was with in me she would not become President. Once she did, I would have only wanted her to succeed. I truly don’t understand those who wish failure on any President. To me, that is like wishing failure on the country and everyone in it.

So…very simple. I want EVERY President–whether I voted for him/her or not–to succeed. Remember the line from that old song? Before you condemn, criticize, or accuse–walk a mile in their shoes. While the current President is doing what he can to improve America, people are digging for rotten tomatoes in his past to throw at him. I don’t see this as improving the country. Not at all. Nor did I think people accusing President Obama of being a Muslim, of having a fake birth certificate, of being the anti-Christ as improving the country, either.

My own read on President Obama as someone being in favor of a one world government. He saw the ideal as collecting all the money and goods in the world and then redistributing everything evenly. He saw through a lens of IF America was just more generous, more reasonable, less manipulative, the world would be a better place. My read was that President Obama was an idealist and he was working towards bringing his own utopia closer to reality. The two of us would most likely agree with the assessment that President Obama was willing to sacrifice America to bring about his own utopia. I read President Obama as a less humble man than President Trump, which is saying quite a bit, but President Obama is an idealist whereas President Trump is a realist.

Those who are idealists are probably going to consider President Obama the better President of the two. Those who are realist are going to consider President Trump the better President of the two. I fall more into the realist category. However, I am of the firm opinion that if President Obama and I passed each other walking down the street, he would return my nod of greeting. I doubt President Trump would even notice I was there (and there would be no reason for him to).

1 Like

Excellent take on both men.

I wish I could see the reactions on the faces of any Obamaites on here when they read that. LOL!

Grin. We will probably see their words.

1 Like

Sorry but I highly disagree with Christian involvement in politics. In the first place, which Christians?

There are so many different sects. Politically a Catholic Christian may have a different view of politics than a Baptist or Jehovah’s Witness Christian.

Second there can be no litmus test for religion for political candidates. Lastly Christians don’t have a monopoly on God, & many non Christian minorities live in the U S.

I’m sorry but what a joke. Obama less humble than Trump hahahaha

Its complete utter hogwash

Or their memes.

1 Like

It’s not condescending to pretend like I need a dictionary reference for the word ‘successful’? This is totally fine?

hum·ble
/ˈhəmbəl/
adjective
adjective: humble; comparative adjective: humbler; superlative adjective: humblest

1. having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.
"he was humble about his stature as one of rock history's most influential guitarists"
synonyms:	meek, deferential, respectful, submissive, diffident, self-effacing, unassertive; More
unpresuming, modest, unassuming, self-deprecating;
subdued, chastened
"her bearing was humble"
antonyms:	proud, overbearing
    (of an action or thought) offered with or affected by a modest estimate of one's own importance.
    "my humble apologies"

2. of low social, administrative, or political rank.
"she came from a humble, unprivileged background"
synonyms:	lowly, working-class, lower-class, poor, undistinguished, mean, modest, ignoble, low-born, plebeian, underprivileged; More

That’s a statement that can be argued to Kingdom Come.

In my opinion, a humble person would never make it as president of this nation. It takes a huge personality (and ego) to climb the political ladder that high. In my view, any person who makes it to the presidency is the antithesis of humble. Major-league level. Jedi. Sith. At that point, to debate who is the least humble in that stratosphere of ego is like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Just wanted to cast a different take on that point.

No. It’s not even close. Just another example of trumpists rationalizing trumps absurd behavior

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less” (Rick Warren).

Yep. Trump is definitely less humble than Obama

Ideally, the Christians I would like to see more involved in politics are not all of the self-professing Christians in the world, but Christians who have a biblical worldview as quoted in my original post: “believing that absolute moral truth exists; the Bible is totally accurate in all of the principles it teaches; Satan is considered to be a real being or force, not merely symbolic; a person cannot earn their way into Heaven by trying to be good or do good works; Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth; and God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today.”

True humility is being able to admit Trump is less humble than Obama :sunglasses:

President Obama was wise enough to know when to appear humble and when to swagger. His moments of swagger were intentionally planned for maximum political effect. It wasn’t forced so it was obvious he had issues of pride, but he knew enough to know there was a time and a place for it.

President Trump, however, is still operating under the build a brand name, reality TV mindset of always needing to be the focal point of attention. Even his speeches at the national prayer breakfast consist of him elevating himself above all others.

The first National Prayer Breakfast that he attended, President Trump spoke more about himself than anything else, and the only scripture offered up was the usual misapplication of John 15:13 to put in a plug for what he was going to do to help the vets.

One of the verses of the Bible I always smile at is Numbers 12:1, given that Moses is rightly and traditionally considered to be the author of the Torah, and given what most people think of when the think of the word “humble.”

“Moses was the most humble person in all the world” (Numbers 12:1 CEV).

Okay since I just made a typo on my last comment, this is the best place and time I can think of to ask these questions since I have not found a forum for user questions or a place to ask a staff member…

1. Is there any way to edit a post once it has been shared?
  2. Is there any way to delete a topic that was wrongly labeled?