Chris defies own brother Andrew Cuomo on social distancing guidelines

Then (with respect), why are you bothering me with questions you could find on your own?

It was rhetorical. Does this mean you havenā€™t read the entire article?

I perused it!

Thereā€™s no mention of vehicles in the article. Cuomo could have been in a separate vehicle or they could have taken one. We donā€™t know.

Who cares? Why didnā€™t he just stay home? An ounce of prevention and all that jazz.

1 Like

You do know that there are localities that are literally encouraging their citizens to report on non-compliers, yes?

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ and up in Maine there was an armed posse that cut down a tree to a driveway to a house out on Vinalhaven Island because there were some people wi4th New Jersey Plates and they wanted to force quarantine on them.

Never mind that those people had been in Maine since sometime in February long before things went stupid.

One of my tenants is Coast Guard and got harassed for having out of state plates even though he has been stationed up here for two years.

I am behind the social distancing. It is a necessary measure to slow the spread of the diseaseā€¦ but peopleā€¦ calm the ā– ā– ā– ā–  down on policing what people legally do on their own propertyā€¦ especially when there is no sign that others are being put into danger by those actions.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t serious with the helmet comment. If Iā€™m on my property with my family and someone says crap like that Iā€™m throwing a rock at his head whether he is wearing a helmet or not. Regardless of the consequences I guarantee you he doesnā€™t do it again.

Fair enough. He also could have taken a bus, a helicopter, a subway, or maybe even a boat. We really can rule out the subway and the bus. No one heard or mentioned a helicopter. So that leaves a boat or a car(s). Its cold so I leave out the boat, and am going with a car(s)

However, if he was violating the quarantine by being away from his home and traveling to his 2nd property; and we know part of the group that David saw him with was his wife, another woman and three children. So if Cuomo was concerned enough to drive a second vehicle, why would he then show so little concern to get in a group with 2 women and three kids? Further more; why would he drive a second vehicle knowing about carbon and what the emissions do to our atmosphere. No true leftist would do that.

In all seriousness, whether he drove to the property or got there some other way is really not all that important. What is is that he violated quarantine, and the optics are awful if his brother ever runs for the presidency.

Most of us appreciate how Chris Cuomo was not exactly a fugitive of justice like Dr. Richard Kimble (Harrison Ford) in the famous movie.

Iā€™ve done it before. Twice. Once with a rock and once with, weā€™ll call it a stick. I wasnā€™t a fugitive, I got in trouble. But it got the point across both times.

One of them is currently one of my best friends for over 30 years. The other, I donā€™t know where he is.

And optics are also pretty bad right now for brother Andrew as the governor too.

So if you saw suspicious behavior on an adjoining property from your own home you would simply ignore and mind your own business?

Suspicious behavior? Like someone climbing into the window of my neighbors house while they are on vacation? Of course I wouldnā€™t ignore that. What Iā€™m not going to do is stick my head over the fence and tell my neighbor who he should and shouldnā€™t have at his house. Or while walking my dog yell out to neighbors having a BBQ that they should be social distancing.

I donā€™t know, maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m from north Jersey. But growing up in that area doing something like that is only good if you donā€™t value your health.

Good to hear you would not ignore suspicious behavior if someone could be seen in plain site climbing through the neighborā€™s window.

Here with Cuomo there were no fences either.

So are you saying in North Jersey neighborhoods when a person is widely known, including by yourself, where they have leprosy or some kind of very contagious infection like covid19 itā€™s ok to ignore?

Why is this in politics?

If someone has leprosy and is in his backyard with his family, yes, I would ignore it.

LOL, common knowledge that these two Cuomo brothers have occupations evolving around politics.

You forgot he may have got a lift in the Tardis. Did the article say that he was not more than 6 feet away from the others?

Is Cuomo really a leftie?

Did ā€œDavidā€ complain to the police about Cuomo not quarantining at home?

No; the optics is bad only if he is not treated the same as others if he has breached the quarantine regulations.