Choice As Long As The Body Is Inhabited

You are digressing to irrelevancies.

The debate is center on when does life begin, not everyone who is pro-choice agree with the concept of late term abortion due to them thinking at some point during pregnancy it become a legal person.

I should have known better. Two people are being clever and voting for both options. Very adult. Note to self: next poll account for the clown factor.

Several others are whinging.

@mobulis I knew you had the courage of your convictions. You are an honest broker.

No it is not.

So only 10 weeks before restrictions begin to come into play? Interesting.

Separate them.

a woman choice goes only so far till the point the fetus legally become a person in which its no longer a woman choice because the fetus now has legal rights.

the debate boil down to when that happen at conception? first trimester? birth?

Prove that the baby is a legal person at 12 weeks. Or 10 weeks in the case of Canada.

This struggle is interesting to me, would you say more about it?

The impression I have is that while you feel the fertilized ovum is a human being at the moment of conception, you are less than comfortable with the State telling a citizen what they can and cannot do in regards to bodily autonomy. Is that a correct assumption?

Because that is what a bunch of Judges settled on.

This causes all manner of problems for anyone attempting a strict “all or none” position on this issue.

Prove it.

Yet has nothing to do with this thread.

Prior to Roe v. Wade, 30 states prohibited abortion without exception, 16 states banned abortion except in certain special circumstances (e.g., rape, incest, health threat to mother), 3 states allowed residents to obtain abortions, and New York allowed abortions generally.[38] Early that year, on January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade invalidated all of these laws, and set guidelines for the availability of abortion. Roe established that the right of privacy of a woman to obtain an abortion “must be considered against important state interests in regulation”.[39] Roe established a “trimester” (i.e., 12 week) threshold of state interest in the life of the fetus corresponding to its increasing “viability” (likelihood of survival outside the uterus) over the course of a pregnancy, such that states were prohibited from banning abortion early in pregnancy but allowed to impose increasing restrictions or outright bans later in pregnancy.

Your 2nd link contradicts your first one. It establishes viability at 24-28 weeks.

You might want to try something other than wikipedia.

I guess those judges changed their mind.

Not even difficult. The right exists.

No, the legal right exists. It’s not in contention.

No it isn’t. Roe v Wade was defanged in 1992 by Planned Parenthood v Casey.

Why does she have the choice and then lose it?

At some point between 1/3 and 2/3 of the way through a pregnancy it becomes too disturbing to take the life of the unborn child. This “body is inhabited” line is bull ■■■■■ People need to be more honest about it.

That said, I don’t think the government has a right to declare personhood upon the unborn child before it approaches viability or some weeks before that. Nor does the government have a right to decide how a woman handles a pregnancy during that same time frame. I don’t care what people’s opinions are and it’s a disturbing thing, but the government just doesn’t have the right. Freedom is a messy thing.

2 Likes