Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine Coronavirus cures?

Show them to be false.

What crow?

I have said that I hope that the drug works as advertised.

Right now it is too early to spike the football about it.

Can one not “want people to die” while at the same time sincerely hoping the President fails?

And if people are dying, can one not seek to blame the President for those deaths?

2 Likes

19,000 people have died in the last 3 months in this country because of a respiratory virus.

They and all those to come would have died regardless of who the President is or what he does. No person or organization can stop a viral respiratory epidemic.

Blaming either is ridiculous. It happened to this one, it happened to the last one, it will happen to the next one.

It is just as ridiculous to blame Cuomo or Deblasio for almost half the deaths being in NYC. Man does not control virus. Governments cannot save us. The faith and therefore the blame is misplaced.

3 Likes

Republicans wouldn’t let Benghazi go for years and that just involved a couple of people… no one needs Trump to fail more than he already has just to have a talking point. We already know about 5th ave syndrome. If Trump kicked off Armageddon, the ride or die supporters would still be cheering him on.

It’s a difference between doubting whatever Trump promotes given his grifting and lying ways… or thinking he may fail, given his failures…and actually wanting a ton of people to die. To accuse someone of having outright evil desires just because they are not a Trump supporter is either the result of the accuser being politically ruthless or showing a religious mindstate.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Well, I can’t wait until this is all over so we can get back to talking about Bengazhi or that one terrorist American that Obama gave the green light to be killed while he was plotting terrorism overseas.

No need to talk about if there were blunders leading up to or during the most disastrous public health and economic crisis in modern American history.

That’s not how it works. Come on, you know better.

The funniest thing about those who accuse people who show skepticism of wanting people to die because they hate Trump is that they are pretending that anyone believes that most Trump supporters use objective metrics in deciding whether or not to support him.

No one’s thinking “well if only 60 thousand people die, Trump supporters will still support him…I hope at least quarter million people die…then they’ll see!”

No, we all know that whatever the final tally is, the majority of his supporters will keep on supporting.

1 Like

Benghazi was not caused by a respiratory virus, it was caused by the actions of man.

There was not “one man” and the choices were made by a man to violate the Constitution of the United States. The same one he swore to uphold.

Has Trump violated the Constitution in responding to this virus?

Once the virus started spreading, it was inevitable that it would reach the United States. Our system is designed in such a manner to promote it, although not designed for that reason.

Once it reached our shores, it was inevitable that it would spread like wildfire for the same reason. I would offer that it was inevitable that it would have the largest impact on places like NYC, Chicago, Detroit. If you look at individual states, the largest cities. In Texas - Houston.

New Orleans was a wee bit of surprise to me personally.

That is the nature of a respiratory virus.

Do I blame Cuomo or Deblasio for 8,600 deaths in New York? Absolutely not.

Are there “things” that every level of government could have perhaps done more efficiently in responding? Absolutely. And those should be looked at and where possible addressed. Should we spend a billion or trillion dollars “to make sure it never happens again”? Absolutely not. Because it will happen again.

It is one of the many risks we tolerate to have the world we have. We don’t get to enjoy all the good and then lash out like children when we get the bad outcome when the risk balances the scales.

There is no one person or organization that can “protect us” from a respiratory virus in a global economy and connected world.

To claim otherwise is the outrage of a simpleton. Or ruthless politics.

3 Likes

Will the majority of his haters keep on hating, whatever the final tally is?

1 Like

New York
New Jersey
Michigan
Louisiana
Massachusetts
California
Illinois

The states with the most total deaths. About 75% of the country’s total. Coincidentally, they also all have several other things in common.

Is it just to blame the democratic governors of these states for these results?

1 Like

Be interesting to see rural vs. country stats.

Is it just to blame the mayors of major population centers for having the most deaths if that’s the case?

Texas as a state has been blessed. Houston has had issues, as had Dallas.

Is it just to blame the democrat mayors?

1 Like

You might want to actually take a look at what’s going on in California before including it on a list like this.

1 Like

I looked at worldometer and ordered it by total number of deaths. 598. Up 14 today.

What did I get wrong?

I will admit to adding up the 75% number in my head.

Covid19 is not the most public health disaster in modern American history but it’s made to appear that way to be used for political advantage.

The panic and crisis is caused by the extreme over inflated original “models” coming from the likes of Fouci and other bureaucrats which continue to be revised downward and as much as 90% was wrong on the death rate and 40% wrong on the amount of respirators needed as well as being wrong on the amount of hospitalizations, it was all wrong from the beginning and the continual revisions are done with impunity as the bureaucrats are not held accountable for putting the fear of God into the country and putting the economy in free fall. :angry:

2 Likes

So buck stopping;

Where does the buck stop for a city?
State?
Country?

These are all political divisions with clearly defined borders.

1 Like

I wish I had started a new thread at 1591.

@GWH would that be too much trouble?

You did not get anything wrong @WuWei . Statistics can be manipulated to produce any results just like the projection models. One thing for sure my brother, we will get through this. You and I have been through a world of ■■■■ in the past and we made it to the other side. Keep the faith, Bro.

You hit The nail on the head.