China and favorable views of the country since Covid

And yet they were so wrong…

That is an interesting point.

Yeah it sucks when someone points out that your 1.9% actually comes out to more that a quarter of a million dead. It’s so much easier on your mind when 1.9% is such a low number.

1 Like

Let’s extend the point from accusations to defense.

If we place the blame on China do these defenses still hold:

• The virus is not much more severe than seasonal flu.

• The lockdowns are uncalled for and motivated by politics and not the virus.

• There is no way to stop this… moving from 15 cases to 15 million is a job well done.

• Scientists misled the government and lied about best action to take.

• The prior leaders failed to prepare.

• it is illegal and wrong to restrict people’s behavior to control the spread.

I find it difficult to square the evaluation of the US response with the expectation that China could have easily contained this.

My personal opinion falls in the middle and I have incomplete information, but I am skeptical that we can simultaneously argue the we did the best we could and China committed intentional negligence.

1 Like

It is completely supportable. Had Trump come out and said this is bad. Protect yourself, wear a mask. Maybe half this country that hangs on every word might not have thumbed their noses at viable precautions instead of mouthing Wuhan flu. It’s nothing more than the flu.

We knew early on that crowds helped the spread…and yet he kept having Rallies saying they wear masks…when all you had to do is watch one to know they did not.

Yeah. He lied…and those lies caused unnecessary spread and caused unnecessary death.

3 Likes

Still playing on emotions.

1 Like

Our government told us to ■■■■ off, gave us nothing and we are supposed to be mad at China for some reason.

1 Like

Some of them were. The majority were/are spot on.

Still trying to convince oneself.

Visit Earth 1 sometime. AKA, reality.

Check your privilege.

All the information I have access to is readily available to anyone.

No privilege required.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to Get by…

Here is one for you. New York Governor asswipe continued his lock down executive order back on Nov 3rd…while Governor DeSantis keeping his state open.

As of yesterday New York has as many cases as Fla does.

So how is that working out for libs?

Allow your emotions to wrap around that.

Other source of information.

1 Like

That’s a problem.

Any other lib want to explain this for me?

:popcorn:

Many leftist go to move is dragging dead bodies through the street. Why should they change now.
Plus many leftist can’t help but defend China now that China has their President in office in the United States.
China caused this mess. But since this all started most on the left have gone out of their way to defend and cover for China.

3 Likes

LOL did you see that static graph that 7ranz posted?

Unbelievable…