China and favorable views of the country since Covid

Why did Trump spend several months praising President Xi early on, before changing course and blaming China?

Tell that to the nearly 280,000 Americans killed while Trump lied as people died.

1 Like

Playing on emotions again?

1 Like

Facts. Just the facts.

You got a problem with that?

What are you mumbling on about?

Tell that to the nearly 280,000 Americans killed while Trump lied as people died.

Not emotions, just the facts.,

Like I said…playing on emotions.

Do you even know what this thread is about…and post I was responding too?

The big villain in the world wide pandemic spread from Communist China had to be either Communist China or Donald Trump. To spread the blame would water this down. The US media had to decide on making the government that started the virus spread be the villain or making Donald Trump out to be the villain.

It was really an obvious choice for them.

You asserted Biden/Harris’ actions will kill Americans.
It was pointed out, that Americans are dying right now, due to Trump’s handling of the pandemic.

Facts, not emotions.

“Trump lied while people died” is a 2nd grade slogan, not pointing out facts.
And even with that, I note it is not “Trump lied and caused people to die” because that would be completely unsupportable.

2 Likes

China gets full blame for the virus. Trump gets full blame for the poor manner in how he dealt with the virus.

He was not the only one. Many US governors, and other country’s leaders could have done better as well.

Many experts in the field disagree. I also disagree, and I am not an expert.

Many anti Trump people no doubt agree. Fauci, whom Biden is picking as his chief COVID advisor gave Trump a good deal of credit for taking the right path, and following the recommendations of experts.
I guess I will defer to Biden on Fauci being the authority of what to do right.

I said…get the fact right. I said.

Harris/Biden admin is dead set on reversing everything Trump…even if it kills Americans.

To a post about Trump shutting down culture exchange with China.

I understand the need to defend China at all cost…specially if it goes against Trump.

1 Like

Experts?

In either case the defenses are the same:
The virus is not as serious as claimed
The virus can not be controlled
It violates human freedoms to restrict people’s behavior to control the virus.

Under these conclusions there is nobody to blame. Nature produced a virus and societies just needed to accept the modest level of damage.

1 Like

I fully blame China for the virus. Is that defending them?

Whatever…

Yes, experts, in the fields that address pandemics.

Indeed.