Cher, Sade, Foreigner, and Mariah Carey Nominated for 2024 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Less so than the Superbowl?

This is not a political forum. Itā€™s a forum that has a political sub-forum. And this ainā€™t that sub-forum.

1 Like

Thinking man MAGA? I think not. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Nonsense. They Urgently wanted to be Juke Box Heroes. :wink:

1 Like

Abso ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  lutely!

1 Like

Iā€™m a blues guyā€¦Hounddog Taylor, Elmore James, Lightninā€™ Hopkinsā€¦etc. Iā€™d post some great tunes by them if I could.

If youā€™re of a certain age, you spent a lot of time on job sites, or in kitchens, or warehouses where some guy had a beat up old FM radio that he played all day.

No cassettes (too much of a drain on the batteries), just classic FM radio. Zep, Styx, Clapton, Seger, Bad Company, etc, etc. all day long, every day. And, as it turns out, a lot of Foreigner.

So being a metal-head myself, the songs would just kind of wash over me, but they did help pass the day. And I learned them by sheer, brute repetition.

And then a while ago, I looked through their catalog on Amazon, and was blown away by just how many mega hits they had.

Which is weird. Iā€™ve never met a big Foreigner fan, never seen a T-shirt on somebody. But they have sold millions of records.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to search it, was ā€œThemā€ already inducted? Monkees? If not, itā€™s a travesty.

I see Van Morrison was inducted, but not ā€œThemā€ā€”a travesty.

He sure is! :rofl:

A lot of great bluesmen have been passed over. Itā€™s irrational to induct Robert Johnson and omit his legendary secret teacher and be nominating pop stars like Mariah Carey.

You definitely have your Heart Turns to Stone because that was Cold As Ice.

Donā€™t you dare play Head Games on Foreigner and their fans to get them Hot Blooded.

2 Likes

Then you are in no position to judge Foreigner as ā€œthe worst band of all time.ā€

And they all suck