Check this out. Subpoena the house phones and emails

Let the mods know who you are, so they can bump up your status. Otherwise you’re limited in number of post you can make per day. :wink:

They’re really frothing at the mouths as of late. :wink:

You know Rosenstein appointed a special prosecutor because Trump tried to put firing Comey in his lap, right?

So it was out of vendetta that The Weasel appointed Mueller.

Is that what you’re saying?

Well, actually, Trump said, Rosenstein told me to fire Comey-which was a lie-so Rosenstein said, well, if you’re claiming I’m even tangentially involved, here’s a special prosecutor.

Trump’s complete lack of political knowledge or interest in learning coming back to bite him in the as yet again.

libs in denial… are you now denying Obama was ever President? Pelosi and Reid ;ed the Congress? We conservatives have had representation, but idiot centrists in the Senate have given progressives the ability to control the legislative agenda.

2 things need to happen

1. Forget contempt, impeach Rosenstein
  2. End the filibuster

Then I guess his chilling, outright frightening, intimidating, obstructive, authoritarian personal threat to those staffers was none of those things, eh? Thanks for clearing that up.

I’m sure you are fearful. In the past traitors have been driven to the hills and hunted with dogs. It happened after the hot civil war, and would likely happen after this lukewarm last-gasp of the old white guys.

And yet Trump does have the letter from Rosenstein recommending he be fired.

Complete nonsense. For starters, the DoJ has long held they have no constitutional obligation to release information from ongoing investigations. This is an excellent law blog that lays out the positions.

Moreover, the courts have long decided these spats between Congress and the DoJ.

1 Like

So you’re confirming it was out of vendetta and the Weasel abuse of power?

Nah. We should believe random posters on a political blog.

Centrist Democrats was part of the Executive. The FBI and CIA are primarily conservative Republicans.

I cannot speak to how they may have felt… neither can you. I can speak to whether or not the Congress could have congressional records subpoenaed and be forced to turn them over… no. It would require a congressional vote. Would they? Likely yes.

Rosenstein is in contempt of Congress and is impeding Congressional oversight. He is not doing it to protect the integrity of any investigation. As is demonstrably evident by the redactions in the Strohk emails, it is being done to shield political appointees at the DOJ (and himself) from possible criminal liability.

You’re confused. The DOJ has held that position, it is wrong. It has always been wrong. In its oversight the congress has the absolute power to demand any and all documents relating to any and all executive branch functions with the exception to executively privileged communications. And even that is very limited. In every case the DOJ has turned over the documents. Your statement about courts deciding it is pure BS. I can think of only one time the Congress has ever gone to a judge to demand the DOJ comply with a congressional subpoena… The DOJ turned the docs over before a Judge could slap them around. While it is customary for the Congress to honor the DOJ’s requests to withhold docs in an active investigation, there is nothing that can stop them from doing it. Congress holds the ultimate authority in this nation. Always has, always will.

Not confused. I sourced my argument from a respected voice. You’re just talking out your ass.

You can only think of one time that it went to court because you’re not very well informed on the topic.
Congress has limited powers. They can’t force the DoJ to do anything without the courts.

1 Like

There are no defendants in a contempt of Congress resolution. He is entitled to nothing.

LOL… what a completely stupid statement.

Okay then, please site the cases where the congress sued the DOJ in court to turn over any documents they demanded. Be sure to include the results.

The DOJ holding (believing) they have no constitional requirement to turn over docs subpoenaed by the congress in its oversite is meaningless. They can “hold” anything they want. Congress has the power of impeachment and they hoild the ultimate power. Not a court, not the DOJ.

Yeah, Trump asked him and Sessions to prepare working drafts and then blindsided everyone and fired him with no warning. Supposedly on the advice of Jarvanka.

and? Rosenstein advised Trump to have him fired. Trump did. Why Rosenstein drafted the letter is irrelevant. Rosenstein could have advised him otherwise, he chose not to.