Chaos in Kenosha, WI Rioters are burning Car Dealerships, armed citizens are showing up defending their property from rioters

They defended themselves from a guy sitting in a car?

Itā€™s not fine. Itā€™s just predictable. Itā€™s also equally predictable that police not gunning people down results in fewer angry reactions to extrajudicial executions.

1 Like

What happened to Rodney King?

1 Like

The authoritarians are the radical bullies burning property under the cloak of darkness for no reason other than chaos.

It isnā€™t helping anything.

It is creating only tension.

Is that a good thing?

:man_shrugging:t3:

Because citizens are not completely autonomous. Freedom does not mean lawless.

Dude, please. Please, justā€¦godsā€¦donā€™t make the lynchpin of your argument that police arenā€™t authorized to kill.

Why should businesses be the sacrificial lamb?

Your argument is, because we generically trade some liberty for the benefits of society, the concept of freedom shouldnā€™t - indeed, cannot - include constraining those we authorize to kill for the state, as the state?

I reject the premise.

But, soda cup sizes are a draconian overreachā€¦

He was not in his car, otherwise he would not have been able to walk away from the police would he? Also, people in their cars have been known to have guns under their seats or tucked between the seats or in the glove box. Itā€™s really kind of stupid to reach for something or to be uncooperative with the police isnā€™t it? Thatā€™s how misunderstandings happen and people get hurt or killed.

What part of cooperation do you not understand?

Then donā€™t confuse such authorization to kill as authorization to murderā€¦ There is a difference. Cops who murder should be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. Cops who kill in defense of themselves or others are not murderers. Let a proper investigation determine the case, not public opinion or a mobā€¦

You just invented an argument I didnā€™t make.

exactly what is this guy suspected of? Defending himself against an assault by a mob?

1 Like

The media is calling him a ā€œWhite Supremacistā€. Which is a lie. He was defending himself against violent mob that tried to chase him down.

Except theyā€™re not? Because no one even knows who he is yet? I just looked.

ā€¦in Democrat run riot areas.

Could the same ā€œumbrella manā€ be responsible for all of this? You know, the right wing Hells Angel who was supposed to be responsible for all the violence in Minneapolis. What was his name again? I know it must have been made public because his name was not being released until he was charged and it doesnā€™t take a month to charge someone.

Just FYI, turns out the shooter was a minor, so he couldnā€™t legally carry the gun, which means that because our court system runs on irony that heā€™ll almost certainly be charged as an adult for the killings and spend at least a decade behind bars, probably more.

2 Likes

I thought the Dylan Roof arrest was hilariously obvious of police bias when they put their guns in their holsters b4 he was out of the car.

The gunman walked through militarized police with a long gun on his back and he wasnt arrested.

1 Like