Census Bureau Report on 2019 Household Income

Please, one percenters cleaned up under Obama.

1 Like

That’s terrible. I’m glad I voted against Obama twice. So is it better or worse for you when one percenters get even more filthy rich under Obama or Trump? For me it’s worse now just because so many more people are unemployed and getting evicted while the 1% profit.

1 Like

A. I am a one percenter on income, not wealth, so you understand my bias.
B. How much someone else makes is irrelevant.
C. The stock market is not the only measure of a healthy economy and even less so when it’s being propped up by the fed.

1 Like

you will follow up next year with 2020 stats.

And blame President Biden.

Allan

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

1 Like

There are two parts of life that many…obviously yourself included, can not separate? There is the hand you’re dealt and there is how the hand was played? The OP is explaining the results of how Trump played his hand since he was elected. The results are beyond incredible. Now…what do you do? You jump to the next lousy hand that was dealt Trump…the China virus and then insanely blame him as if he was the card dealer. Once again you ignore how he played the hand…which Dr. Fauci believes…“has been impressive”. If you ever want to enjoy life from a higher level of maturity, you should learn the difference.

1 Like

Then let me ask you a question? Have you ever purchased anything from Amazon? How about Walmart? If so, you are a part of the problem you’re condemning.

Of course they did and will continue to do so.

Because Rentier Capitalism dominates no matter which party has the power.

There is “1 percenters” in every economic system in every era of history ever.

Whining about them is not at all productive.

This is the hand that Silver Spoon Donald was dealt:

See how Donnie jumped on at the very end there in 2017? He didn’t build that. All he had to do was not tank what was handed to him. That’s all.

1 Like

Of course there are.

And it’s not whining to suggest the system not be set up so what they want dominates in all situations.

Which is the situation we have today.

Like climbing a mountain my friend, each step of progress, there’s less oxygen to keep going. Every step becomes harder and harder. I believe President Obama’s greatest accomplishment, is how he made chicken salad, out of Bush’s chicken ■■■■ economy and will always give him kudos for that. Now give credit where credit is due too…and that’s how Trump kept it going…which was very tough to do.

And there you have it.

It is whining. It is an external locus of control. Coveting. Envy. Greed using others as an excuse. Arrogance.

And it is ugly.

1 Like

I don’t care if the 1% gets richer when everybody is getting richer. I don’t like their gains when the government is bailing them out while the 99% is struggling. I also wouldn’t pick Walmart as my first target of outrage.

Amazing

I understand.

It’s not the percentiles it’s the shape of the distribution

I thought the amazing part was Congress set up a fund to help struggling hospitals and doctors but sent $12.6 million to Walmart. Walmart did the right thing by returning it…that’s why I wrote…