Can't Believe This Sicko is a Sitting Member of Congress, As Well as a 2020 DEMOCRAT Presidential Candidate

does hong kong not have protests ever?

no-one arguing that indoor dining and bar hopping without extreme safety measures being taken will increase the spread of COVID. It will. But it doesn’t cause the huge spikes we’re seeing. It takes some other event, a huge one, to cause that. If it were a matter of just bars and restaurants, then one might expect an increase that was basically uniform everywhere, metro or rural (maybe a bit less rural due to more space in general, but not much). That is not the case. The large spikes are all centered around large metros that all have one thing in common that the other areas do not… Floyd protests.

no argument there… I support him, but there are times when I wish he would just stop trying to communicate.

I understand that feels correct. But there is no evidence to support that claim.
I also understand that is what the RW is currently promoting.

The current shiny object.

1 Like

lol… look at a map. it is really senseless to claim the correlation does not exist, it does.

Read the guidelines, not the desperation. What you posted actually proves my point.

No, it does not.

Seriously ? That’s so snowflakey to be outraged by this . A pretty benign comment.

Key sentence in your post. Face masks are for people who have Corona to help stop the spread. Everyone wearing a mask is garbage.

1 Like

It per capita. Lol

Do you anything about stats?

Allan

Anyway, Moulton was right about how those of us in the Northeast see the Sunbelt Surge. You did not learn from us. Seemingly to spite godless Yankees who otherwise never think about you, you in fact did the opposite of what you should’ve learned from our mistakes and successes.

Anecdotally, there were two cars from the South at the mountain trailhead, today. One with Georgia plates, the other with Tennessee. It was more than one group who mused out loud that maybe it sucked that they didn’t vacation somewhere else.

But, if you’re from a region gone full Bleach Covidian, people are going to want you elsewhere, I guess.

3 Likes

When you aren’t allowed as a contact tracer to ask if the person was at a protest, that makes the numbers and plaes where you could have gotten it skewed also.

I don’t know tzu. It seems awfully reminiscent of the people who glory in the south getting hit hard by hurricanes because “they don’t like science” and “god”.

I see little difference here.

And you don’t think travelling New Yorkers (for instance) might have a slight stigma attached at this point??

Fair criticism. We deserve it.

1 Like

Unlike the spread of a virus, a hurricane’s path cannot be controlled by the humans getting hit by it. That’s the main difference. It’s pretty easy to look at the current state of the sunbelt and trace the problem back to unforced errors in policy choices.

1 Like

Pretty nauseating.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1288849412136022016

If a republican said something similar about the northern states dem’s across the nation would be demanding their resignation.

No, it can be directly tied to the fact young people think they are invincible.

Nationwide Protests/riots havent cased a covid 19 spike so far ah yes the media problary maybe its because those people are refusing to get tested?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone deserves infection or death. This is as true for a broken-souled heroin addict as it is for a politician whose politics I reject. I wish this on no one.

All I’m observing is that in dealing with this months before the Sunbelt, the Northeast bought that same Sunbelt a jump on the learning curve. From where we sit, it looks like you did not take advantage. Those are not good preconditions for sympathy.

To make things very clear, in NYC especially, Cuomo and De Blasio made crucial early errors that cost lives and should cost them their careers. In De Blasio’s case, I could see grounds for criminal negligence. Those errors and the dismissiveness of their early response led to mass death and community spread.

The Sunbelt governors had clear evidence what would happen if they ignored the seriousness of the novel coronavirus. It was playing out before their eyes. They also got to see that there was a costly but effective set of actions which would drive infection and deaths down, making flare-ups and serious cases easier to handle, both in terms of logistics, but also of human suffering.

Instead, they elevated a dangerous and false dichtomy, and the results were predictable.

Now, from where we sit, it sure looks like the Sunbelt’s citizens and leadership decided that instead of beating us Yankees at handling a once in five generations plague, you’d rather out-folly us.

3 Likes

Screaming at the top of your lungs at a protest cannot spread it.

Singing in Church does.

Playing in the water on the beach won’t spread it.

Sitting on dry sand at the beach will.

Kids will die by the millions if we open the schools in spite of the fact there’s little to no evidence to show they can even transmit it and there’s no evidence at all showing healthy kids have anything to fear from it.

I’m still waiting for the science supporting those claims.

2 Likes

The same mainstream science and media that avoids talking or mentioning how effective vitamins can be agaisnt viruses as well.