Can you hate the sin without hating the sinner?

There is the intrinsic value of a person or thing, which educes affection for that person or thing.

There are persons who delight in damaging and defiling what is of intrinsic value in themselves or others, who educe anger in one who appreciated what has been marred.

Both the affection and the anger, and the punishment that could follow, are expressions of love for whatever was once “very good” and retains a measure of intrinsic value.

Psalm 82:

6 I have said, “Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High.”

7 But ye shall die like men and fall like one of the princes.

John 10:

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’?

35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken),

36 Do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;

38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”

For the same reasons one chooses to learn or chooses to act.

Which is…? Same reason one chooses to believe in Zeus?

There is a price on sin. This price is not of my doing. Since I accept the authority of God, I don’t have a choice but to accept the concept of a price on sin. It happens whether I endorse it or not. We all deserve it but that doesn’t mean I’m happy at the thought of those who end up in Hell. On the contrary, I don’t want anyone to end up there, which is why I tell people about the only way to avoid it, namely Jesus.

People find the concept offensive. In the political forum, someone asked me “how do we get out of this mess?” He is referring to the political mess of our country. I haven’t responded yet because I don’t think he would appreciate the answer. The answer is the same in the political forum as it is here. This world is in the mess it’s in precisely because we’ve rejected the sovereignty of God. Only God can bring about the change in the character of men, that would bring about the change in society. I don’t envision any more revivals happening. Things will continue to get worse.

People do not want to accept that their nature equally contributes to the “mess” we’ve made of the world. THAT’S really what offends people in my opinion…

1 Like

Do you know what Zeus is, or what he represents?

Aphrodite? Ares?

If that is what you believe then you need to find a way to consistently get the message across without sounding self-righteous or judgemental. It’s not an easy tightrope to navigate.

So, to make sure I understand clearly, you DO endorse sinners going to hell and being tortured for eternity, even if the “sin” in question is a simple disbelief in Jesus as the savior?

Or, you personally don’t agree with it, but since God does you go along with it?

I don’t feel i got a straight answer

Mmmm, nop

We’re all going to pay for our sins in death. That’s unavoidable for Christians and all others alike. Sin will not enter the Kingdom. We will.

I can warn people in NK not to publicly criticize Kim Jung Un cause you’ll get executed. That doesn’t mean I should endorse Kim Jung Un or worship him just because “that’s the way it is”.

Or maybe it’s an eternal duality / pendulum. Sin and non-sin dance together in all aspects of reality for eternity.

They represent aspects of the human element.

Aphrodite - the “god” of love/lust. Lust is one of your (and my) gods. A god is something you cannot kill (even though you can defeat it sometimes). You can rename it all you want, but it will still be the same human element no matter the title given to it. It’s immortal, and will always be with humanity.

Ares - vengence/war. Same concept.

1 Like

Agreed. Sin exists within the dualistic half we currently manifest.

1 Like

The Word, being the highest of deities and the reason we will have no other gods before It, transcends humanity. The gods die with us.

I agree completely.

I am by no means righteous. My sins are as grievous to God as anyone’s in history. As a human being, I can’t understand what sin does that required the death of Christ to pay for it, but I don’t believe God just made an arbitrary decision either. If God says sin must be paid for by death, then I endorse God’s wisdom and knowledge in how it’s dealt with. I don’t doubt the necessity, but I don’t like it.

When people commit certain crimes in America, they will be tried, and if convicted, they may face a death sentence. I support our justice system in making these decisions even though our system is imperfect. I don’t like that people sometimes have to be executed, but it serves a pupose. The difference is, God’s justice system is perfect. There will be absolutely no mistakes or miscarriages of justice.

Again, this is not a straight answer. If God sends someone to hell for eternity, simply for not being a Christian, do you endorse that?

Is that a yes, you endorse eternal hell for non believers? Endorsing is different than simply ‘warning’ someone.

What don’t you like about it?

I don’t like the thought of my lost family and friends in Hell and not seeing them ever again.