Can you hate the sin without hating the sinner?

People hated Jesus and eventually killed him. He said, about his followers " If they hate me, they will hate you." Jesus was very clear about the eternal fate of the unrepentant.

He/Introspection throws me helpful hints before I do something as to whether or not it’s something I would do unto myself. We laugh reflect a lot when we commune. God is lonely like that.

Have you asked yourself why? Why do believers believe and you don’t?

There is a difference between hate and disbelief.

You appear to be conflating the two.

Of course. I ask myself that question all the time.

That’s why I’m so fascinated by religion.

We can sin against ourselves without sinning against others and yet the sin is just as deadly. Are you introspective about those?

I think it’s because they aren’t able to deal with death.

1 Like

There is no difference between sinning against others and sinning against the self. Sin is sin, choice is choice. You are one alternative in an endless number of alternatives to address the loneliness of existing. The rules are rigid, and the reference is hearsay. Your purpose is to find purpose.

Hatred often goes both ways. Within this thread, I have already been told that telling people that unbelievers go to Hell is a message of hate. Yet, if I hated someone and believed they will go to hell, wouldn’t it
be more hateful and make more sense for me to say nothing at all and let them go to hell without warning?

I don’t hate anyone. I am called to warn people, yet people often hate the messenger.

1 Like

Then there are mistakes and bias in the text.

I think Christians deal with death very well. I’ve been to many Christian and non Christian funerals and there is a big difference in Christians. They are sad, but also know a reunion is coming. In unbelievers I have seen people in unconsolable grief. For them, they believe it’s a final, permanent goodbye.

1 Like

It’s not a “message of hate”. It certainly can feel insulting, though - as an unbeliever.

It certainly doesn’t endear me to your particular variety of Christianity.

I have not accused you of hating anyone. I am not responsible for anyone else’s posts but my own, and I have not accused you of anything, or attacked or mocked you in any way.

You are making his point for him.

I am not scared of a final permanent goodbye. If I return to the earth tomorrow, it’ll still have been worth it.

1 Like

I appreciate the input so far. It’s late for me now so I’m off till tomorrow…

Good comments and questions giving me much to think about! Thanks to all.

2 Likes

Good night!

Yes. They deal with death well because they believe they will go someplace nice after they die. A common theme among religions.

Join our club and you don’t really die.

1 Like

Choose to believe.

Why?

The OP believes it im pretty sure

Do you think people deserve it? Do you endorse them going to hell?