Can we talk about Mexico paying for the wall?

Wall just got 100 feet higher.

Actually…having to resort to an ultralight aircraft that only a drug cartel can afford, means everything is working as planned.

1 Like

Exactly. Those are much easier to track and impound.

Senate goes nuclear today and the wall is on track.

Trump is welll known liar. Those who believe him are choosing to support a liar. That’s all I need to know about them.

Selling it hard…

Capture

Thing is - the current congress only has a little over a week left in power, and the Democrats know all they have to do is run out the clock. At this point, I can just about guarantee he won’t get any funding designated specifically for a wall. He might get some money for border security, but as far as a wall, the democrats have no reason to negotiate on that at this point.

I wonder why Trump didn’t trade bump stock legislation for the wall?

Because it is a crappy trade.

He had a bipartisan trade on DACA for the wall and he rejected that. There is no indication that he is negotiating in good faith.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have voted for Trump if I had known he planned to use my tax dollars to fund his border wall. Like most Republicans, I’m perfectly fine with spending other people’s money. I think a border wall is a stupid idea that will only serve to push more migrants further into the desert where they will eventually die from exposure. However, as long as I’m not being asked to pay for it then I don’t really care.

Americans would not have voted for Trump if they knew Trump was lying about the funding of the wall. That’s why he lied about it.

1 Like

And again, for years, he has repeatedly, pointedly, painstakingly, loudly claimed that he had a solution that would circumvent this political problem.

The check for dinner comes, and you wait for the other patrons to pay the bill, or the restaurant to comp you, because that’s how your dinner companion got you to take him to this place, and he’s like: Well, actually, see, no, you have to pay now. Then, later on, see, um, I’ve got this sure fire scheme to get your money back. Sure, I can’t explain it and it makes no sense, but . . . just trust me and pay the bill.

And he sits there with his arms folded, refusing to let either of you leave until you pay.

What an ■■■■■■■■

1 Like

5 Likes

Wut?

10 thatsnothowitworks

1 Like

Did you think educating, providing food, healthcare, housing and any other hand outs for illegal aliens was free to taxpayers? It’s in the billions and billions and billions of dollars every year.

And this is what you think Trump meant when he said Mexico would pay for the wall? Through tax savings that don’t actually come from Mexico?

Ditto me.

(For the record, I’m not a supporter of the physical wall in the first place.)

My expectation has always been that if Mexico was going to pay for the wall, it would be through some feat of accounting, or some sort of tariff, or some withholding of foreign aid, etc.

I’m sure ya’ll also didnt actually believe trump would cut the deficit or repeal obamacare

1 Like

That’s such a perfect assessment of Trumpsters. Eerily applicable.

Nope…I don’t but that doesn’t negate the reality of what I said.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but illegal immigrants in this country aren’t going to magically fly to wherever they came from just because there’s a wall. We’ll still be educating them, paying for their healthcare, etc.

Oh, and guess what - there will be new ones every year that overstay their visas, or find ways to circumvent that silly wall.

I certainly didn’t buy the claim that he could eliminate the debt in 8 years, or whatever it was.

And given that Trump himself can’t repeal O’Care or even cut the deficit, (and knowing the RINOs he was going to be dealing with during his term), I had no expectation of either succeeding.