Can hospital be forced to use medication requested by patient?

images

1 Like

Yet another thing we disagree on.

Allan

You being wrong is not us disagreeing. It"s just you being wrong.

2 Likes

Public health measures are a different category all together.

1 Like

Thatā€™s your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My opinion is not treatment.

Yours is that it is.

Sorry, once again will will have to agree to disagree at the subject at hand.

Allan

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is consistency.

By the way, I would have agreed if not for ā€œmandateā€.

A physician forcing a competent consenting individual to undergo a medical treatment against their will is not the same as the government mandating people to undergo a medical treatment as part of the powers given to it by the constitution and backed by the courts. The former is illegal, the later is a legal act of the government. If you think those are the same no use trying to discuss it.

1 Like

They are exactly the same.

2 Likes

Article and clause please.

1 Like

This exact topic has been discussed. Articles, clauses, court cases were given. I have no desire to do so again.

Article and clause please.

Of course a hospital can refuse medication requests made by a patient. What if a patient requests antibiotics for diabetes, or insulin for a fracture?

Smaht.

Example of forced medication:

Mentally ill determination by a court is the trick here. It isnā€™t so much the doctor as it is the judge, following the advice of the doctor under state laws.

As to a doctor being forced to prescribe medicines, as soon as those medicines were harmful or ineffective that patient is likely to go search up a medical malpractice lawyer and complain he shouldnā€™t have been considered competent to make medical decisions.

Like I saidā€¦

I donā€™t care about court cases.

My daughter was very sick, vomiting, couldnā€™t even keep water down for several days. She was admitted into the hospital and was given several different anti nausea drugs and was on IV fluids for dehydration. This was going on for several days and the doctor only ordered an ultrasound. He would not order any more tests and she was still vomiting.

I had to go over his head and request they do a HIDA scan to check her gall bladder. He fought me saying that he had already done an ultrasound with a negative result. I insisted they do the HIDA scan or we would leave the hospital. They finally ordered the test and low and behold, her gall bladder was not working. The surgeon actually had her transferred to another hospital, did the surgery and she was fine.

The moral of this story is not all Drs are right, you have to advocate for yourself. Just because I am not a doctor doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t research or have enough experience to have an opinion.

Do I think that we should make a dr got against what they believe, No. do I think they should consider other view points, absolutely.

2 Likes

I expected to see the conditional sidesteps.

I answered a specific question. I quoted it. Nothing more.