Can hospital be forced to use medication requested by patient?

Haven’t followed Ivermectin as a topic.

I once requested a different medication to prevent asthma attacks not hearing another was more effective, but wanting one with a dose meter to see how mich of the medication was left.

QVar didn’t offer that feature. Then primary care physician said no, to remain on the QVar. This same doctor prescribed a medication that was incompatible with asthma for something else.

Got another doc, & he was happy to prescribe an asthma medication with a dose meter. Will have to remain neutral about Ivermectin.

But I would say a physician has the right to refuse a request, while a patient has the right to seek counsel of another physician if they don’t trust the one they have.

That’s scary. I hope your daughter is doing well.

Work with a lady who had to keep pushing her physician to order more tests because no matter what antibiotic she was prescribed, her urinary tract infection never went away.

That “UTI” was bladder cancer. She got treatment and is doing well now, but had she not been her own advocate, her outcome probably would have been very different.

Physicians err, and some are more competent than others. If the patient doesn’t seem well following their counsel, they probably aren’t & may benefit from a second opinion.