California Worlds 5th Largest Economy, surpassing UK

How long ago did she move away?

Sure you are. If high wage earners are fleeing the state then why does the state continue to prosper?

Who said it was a wasteland? It is headed in the wrong direction though.

Yet the article in the OP proves otherwise.

For now. Give it some time.

It is not, but you sure seem to want it to go that route for some reason.

5th largest largest economy on earth. Sucks don’t it?

The facts say you are wrong

The state has 12 percent of the U.S. population but contributed 16 percent of the country’s job growth between 2012 and 2017. Its share of the national economy also grew from 12.8 percent to 14.2 percent over that five-year period, according to state economists.

California’s strong economic performance relative to other industrialized economies is driven by worker productivity, said Lee Ohanian, an economics professor at University of California, Los Angeles and director of UCLA’s Ettinger Family Program in Macroeconomic Research.

It isn’t a matter of want but rather what’s happening. Have you seen all the homeless living in tents popping up in LA San Diego and other places? The more open the borders the more that will increase.

I live in San Diego and the rise in homelessness here is primarily due to gentrification making housing unaffordable.

Yeah the millions of illegals have affected nothing. :wink:

Most homeless are either black or of white ethnicity. Illegal immigrants are here for one reason only and that is to find a job and work.

“California is a wasteland”? Since you used quotes, which poster are you quoting? I must’ve missed it?

What I’m questioning is whether or not the current economic trend is sustainable? It appears that high income wage earners are leaving and low income wage earners are entering the state. The fact that California just became a sanctuary state is proof that it’s changing. I’m questioning whether it’s for the better?

…and growing. Yet because it’s run by Democrats that has to be the wrong direction. He doesn’t know how or why our improving economy is bad but it just is.

1 Like

Could it be that the job that illegals took at a lower wage put a citizen on the unemployment list and eventually homeless?

Can you please link to the information that led to believe that?

So why do so many illegals receive some form of government assistance? Also without the illegals housing wouldn’t be so short.

Oops…

Are there an infinite number of jobs? If an illegal enters the country and takes a job, is there not one less job available for a legal citizen?

In some cases, yes but the vast majority have mental and drug addiction issues.