Brither 2.0 Omar married her brother

What a screwed-up headline. So he repeated it. The headline is written in a way to make you think that since he repeated it, he believes it. I read a bit about the source for this reporting. It seems that the initial investigation included some posts on social media. And it sure seems like jumping the gun while a formal investigation is being done. If this whole story is false, this could be cited as a textbook case on how fake news is formed.

1 Like

I was just going to say…unless there is a shred of evidence this should not even be discussed as it is an affront to Omar, and an out right lie. SO let it go.

“I’m not going to comment on rumors and conjecture.”

Was that so hard? Granted, this is Donald we’re discussing, so it could be very unfair and very mean of me to assume it would be easy for him.

I despise him but he’s good.

‘A lot of people are talking about it but I know nothing about it’.

Actually, your response is just another way of saying what he said. Somehow, you think it is different.

1 Like

Somehow, you think it’s the same.

At least omar is literally correct. Some people did some things. When Trump speaks about 9/11 he makes things up about people dancing on rooftops and his own amazing valor.

1 Like

An OANN reporter.

How convenient.

Quite a remarkable claim that they are the same.

It is an interesting story. Seems there are wonky details that created reporters looking into the story. Her cultural marriages versus legal. Her fraud joint tax return filed with one guy while married to a different guy. One can hardly forget at tax time who they are legally married to. Hardly think that was an oops. Then all three the husband, her and the babies daddy all shared the same address. So there are some interesting details she herself created. I guess eventually it will be proven or disprove. Currently Snopes has the story listed as non verified not the typical true or false. Makes for good drama though.
The media should treat the story as if it was Trump or a Trump family member.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/jul/18/did-ilhan-omar-marry-her-brother-her-hometown-news

1 Like

Why am I not surprised?

I’ve been on both sides of the political fence throughout my lifetime and I can say, without a doubt, the Republicans are nasty and dirty.

1 Like

Well, its ridiculous on its face that she married her Brother to get him to the US.

First, she was never legally married to the Father of her kids, she had a religious ceremony but no license. They broke up and she married a British citizen who came here for a few years, attended a North Dakota college and then divorced her. He moved right back to England where he still lives. She later reunited with the first guy and legally married him in 2018, having another kid with him the in process.

So it basically revolves not around whether she was married to 2 guys, which she wasn’t, but whether the second guy was her Brother. Her entire family moved here and this guy wasn’t listed as one of the Brothers she had. Even if he was her Brother he would be able to emigrate here because his family lived here, he wouldn’t need to marry his sister to get here. And college is basically free in Europe, where he lived. Why would he risk fraud charges and possible imprisonment to go to a college in North Dakota? Why would he move right back to England when they separated?

None of it makes sense. This is just a nasty smear campaign that has been looked into for years and has never proven to be true.

4 Likes

Oh and the second guy she legally married was 3 years younger than her, and her Mother died when she was 2 years old. So there is that as well.

2 Likes

Put Brothergate in the same drawer as birtherism and Pizzagate.

1 Like

But he did know about it because “he had heard about it”.

The correct answer would have been “I don’t talk about rumors”.

He instead repeated the charge three times then intimated she was either under investigation or would be under investigation for it.

Classic way to bestow legitimacy on an unfounded charge.

1 Like

No one has asked Trump to prove he didn’t collude with Russia.

Remember that time the right wanted to ban all marriage from government hands and keep marriage as a private matter between two people in a church because the gays wanted to get married and steal the label…

Who gives a ■■■■ of she did or didnt. If you have that much of a problem with what a private person does( unless illegal) then you need to get a ■■■■■■■ life.

Life is too short for this stupid crap. Go enjoy it.

1 Like

They Never asked him to prove his innocence about anything? Then why are they demanding he provide his taxes? Why are they suing the IRS to get them? I mean, if he isnt guilty, then he should have no problem releasing them. Isnt that the left’s mantra or did I miss something?

1 Like

yeah you tell them.

Trey Godwy is on the phone by the way he’d like to contribute to your point.

Like the squad of American haters that want to hurt America with open borders?

1 Like