BREAKING: Roberts joins court's liberals to overturn Trump decision to rescind DACA

ayup.

why can’t he do their job for them? Obama did.

This ruling is an affront to everything American and an empowerment of the administrative state over those elected to lead it.

1 Like

Read the opinion.

Allan

don’t need to. I already know the law its based on is anti constitutional to begin with. Big victory for the administrative state, sad day for democracy.

And now he can provide leader by issuing parameters to a bill regarding DACA people.

1. Work permits?
  2. Deportation concerns?
  3. Path to citizenship.

And prolly more that I haven’t thought of.

Allan

By SCOTUS issuing an opinion makes it automatically constitutional.

It’s a great day to be alive.

I don’t like some SCOTUS opinions but you don’t ever hear me whining…

Allan

Let Congress do Congress’ job. He should immediately write an eo rescinding DACA. Refuse to disobey the law and give illegal aliens any kind of work permit and deport any and every illegal alien that comes into custody. No path to citizenship ever for any person who ever entered the country illegally.

If SCOTUS says it’s so, by definition it’s constitutional.

You don’t like it.

Amend the constitution.

Allan

I don’t need five black robed tyrants to affirm my opinion. And I could not care any less what yours is.

1 Like

Cannot be done. But it’s a good RW fantasy.

Allan

1 Like

absolutely can be done. follow the law. period.

literally the courts decision

And the court will throw it out again. Apparently all you needed to start the program was “prosecutorial discretion” but to end it you actually need in depth documentation and likely hearings.
Well, start in on those.
Likely whatever they do, the Roberts court will throw it out based on at least five of the judges like the program and they aren’t going to allow it to be dropped just because of laws and stuff.

The American people elected Hillary Clinton.

Based on second grade principles of a majority of one wins, they did. Based on the actual Constitution and laws, they did not.
They elected Trump.

1 Like

But you do if you want declare something unconstitutional.

It is what it is. Doesn’t matter what your opinion is or mine.

Citizens opinions don’t count.

As the RW is want to say, we are not a democracy.

There is a process that things go though.

DACA went though that process and SCOTUS has issued their opinions.

You agree or disagreement matters not.

Allan

You have to give Obama credit, the man writes a mean EO.

One that cannot be overturned easily.

Allan

DACA is not the law. It is an eo instructing the executive to not just ignore the law, but to break it.

1 Like

I’m just here for the excuses and trumpslaning

2 Likes

the court literally ruled “executive needs to follow the law to repeal law, we aint saying the EO shouldnt be repealed, just that they need to follow the law to do it.”

exactly like say…

1 Like