BREAKING: Roberts joins court's liberals to overturn Trump decision to rescind DACA

The week ain’t over yet. A bad day for Stephen Miller is a good day for America.

3 Likes

The Deep SCOTUS strikes again :angry:

I can’t stop laughing at his pathetic victimhood.

6 Likes

Bet he is pulling his hair out…Oh wait a minute

3 Likes

bad week for America if this is your yardstick. The idea that a new president is bound by the eo’s of a previous president is not only ludicrous it’s an an affront to the American people who elected him.

1 Like

Wait - aren’t SC decisions suppose to be made on the basis of constitutionality rather than who the Court may or may not like?

Or maybe that’s just me…

3 Likes

That is PRECISELY the situation the Administrative Procedures Act was designed to created.

It was passed in 1946, when Democrats fully expected “Dewey to defeat Truman.” :smile:

They feared that a Republican President would go on a rampage of repealing all New Deal era regulations.

The Administrative Procedures Act was designed to thwart that and it has done so very effectively.

It is deliberately extremely difficult for a President to undo the policies of his predecessor.

2 Likes

Deep State? …deep state… ;p

I don’t understand why those who thought it was wrong for Obama to have implemented DACA were cool with Trump going around Congress to use the power of the purse to build his border wall.

2 Likes

Would be. subject to the checks and balances provided by our wonderful constitution.

Trump thought he could get rid of DACA. Just on the presidents saying it was illegal.

No. Roberts to the rescue again.

Allan

I know, and it is not just unconstitutional in my opinion, it is blatantly anti constitutional and unAmerican

1 Like

You ever consider reading the actual opinion? That’s probably a good place to start your work.

3 Likes

you know what the check on a previous presidents eo’s is?

a new president.

but you go on celebrating the death of democracy

two words I don’t think I’ve ever used… but do go on with your fantasies.

President Trump can’t do Congress’ job for them. The DACA mess is in their laps. If they can’t handle their responsibility, they should resign and let somebody else try.

did i state otherwise? no reason to go personal.

nothing persona there. no reason for you to assume there is

ayup.

hey, you are the one who responded with the leftist tripe. That tripe is your fantasy, not mine.

Don’t you think we all know already that those little mantras are designed to dismiss an argument instead of debate it? Dismissal rejected.

He could however provide parameters of a bill that he would sign.

He has not as of yet.

It’s like his repeal of Obamacare with no replacement plan.

Allan