BREAKING: Roberts joins court's liberals to overturn Trump decision to rescind DACA

Roberts! Wow. Does anyone know when they will decide whether Trump’s taxes must be released? I feel like they’e on a roll.

2 Likes

So far it’s been a pretty bad week for drumpf

3 Likes

Someone isn’t having a good week…:grin::grin::grin::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:…lol

1 Like

Good News!!!(???)!!!

3 Likes

So now it looks like Executive Orders are the same as laws passed by Congress. Crazy times.

1 Like

The President could have issued an executive order to end DACA. He didn’t do that.

This was a decision on the technicalities of how they tried to end DACA. He could still sign an executive order this second and end it if he wanted to.

4 Likes

Roberts has turned out to be a POJ Justice, he is a disgrace.

2 Likes

Show your work

How about read the article?

I did it did not say he could just give an EO and it would be over. Now back up your statement. If that is just your opinion then fine.

Link to the Opinion of the Court.

ROBERTS, C. J., delivered the opinion of the Court, except as to Part IV. GINSBURG, BREYER, and KAGAN, JJ., joined that opinion in full, and SOTOMAYOR, J., joined as to all but Part IV. SOTOMAYOR, J., filed an opinion concurring in part, concurring in the judgment in part, and dissenting in part. THOMAS, J., filed an opinion concurring in the judgment in part and dissenting in part, in which ALITO and GORSUCH, JJ., joined. ALITO, J., and KAVANAUGH, J., filed opinions concurring in the judgment in part and dissenting in part.

Haven’t read any of it yet, so I will obviously not comment at this time.

“dictator” trump still?

The decision was about how the government makes the rules.

The President kicked it over to the DOJ who argued that DACA was illegally implemented instead of just ending it via Executive Order. My guess is that they wanted to retroactively kick DACA recipients out by arguing that they had no rights to begin with.

he can still end DACA with an EO since it was enacted by EO… but it looks like the recipients under Obama would probably be safe unless they can come up with a compelling argument that would sway Roberts.

That isn’t going to happen though.

3 Likes

thanks

Uhm, that was the joke

And more people are killed by taking selfies near cliffs than by people legally carrying firearms.

Anyone ever read the arguments the Trump administration makes? They’re a joke. Sloppy. Mediocre. That hurts them more than the merits of their case.

7 Likes

I now await the conspiracy theories.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273634152433188865?s=20

Aww nobody likes me…lol

7 Likes

He truly is a pathetic excuse for a human being. Yet he is lauded as a great leader by so many on here.

Yes his tweets are indicative of his leadership style which are shallow self centered, bullying and abusive.

4 Likes