Breaking: George H.W. Bush has passed away

You want to know why Poppy Bush was the man even beyond the end of the Cold War. At the height of the hysteria over gangster rap-a hysteria being promoted by his own VP hilariously-Poppy and Barbara invited Eazy E of NWA, the poster child used by rap critics, to have dinner at the White House to show their support for free speech even if they disagreed with it. That’s ■■■■■■■ class right there.

Remember the response when Obama invited Common to the White House?

That was wierd… right?

Nah, he inflicted his incredibly ■■■■■■ sons on us. I’ll pass on the George H.W. Bush celebration party.

2 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

Love this tribute…

For those that might not be aware, the child in the cartoon in the Bush’s near 4 year old daughter they lost to leukemia in 1953…

Thoughts & Prayers for the family.

Indeed.

This was the greatest damage caused by his loss to Bill Clinton in 1992.

I often wonder how different the world might be today had he won a second term.

Just saying if you’re not watching it the NBC coverage has been spectacular. They’ve had the interview that he did with Jenna Bush and also they just played a clip of the former president talking to Dana Carvey on Saturday Night Live while Carvey was in character that was absolutely hilarious.

Tommy, do you have a title for that documentary? I’d like to watch it.

He was also the first man that I voted for President.

1 Like

RIP Presidential Bush

We’re all about the same age, it appears.

Goodbye sir and may you Rest In Peace. Thank you for being a great American and a great person.

I voted for him the second time when he lost.

He was flawed, as we all are, but an honorable man from a more honorable time.

1 Like

Yep. That was the first election I was old enough to vote in.

I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh for guidance the day after the election.

Oddly enough, it was watching his short lived TV show during the Clinton administration that turned me off on El Rushbo… the vitriol towards members of the cabinet and especially Chelsea Clinton showed to me that it wasn’t about policy anymore.

My mom listened to rush every day and had his picture on the wall. We never found common ground on that. Never mattered. I love her and miss her so much.

Didn’t mean any disrespect. Carvey and GHW had great respect for each other. But sorry if anyone took it that way

ABC had a great hour long tribute last night, and showed a clip of that.

It was a big part of his appeal, the ability to like and be friends with others regardless of political differences. He and Barbara were beloved for good reason. They were very down to earth people.

And you are so right about him being vastly underrated as far as FP was concerned.

The first one was done after Barbara’s death, showing Robin rushing to embrace her mom in heaven. Now all three are reunited.

Don’t think there was a better love story than George and Barbara Bush.

I would think ABC will rerun the tribute they had last night. I’m in PST, so they had it on the west coast in place of 20/20. I thought they did a great job.

1 Like