Breaking: George H.W. Bush has passed away

Condolences to those who knew him. Great person and honorable Presidency. :pray:t3:

My sentiments as well!

R.I.P. President G.H.W. Bush

:slightly_frowning_face:

I remember him & his guards for shaving their heads as a gesture of support for the leukemic toddler of one man on that security team. Hope the child is doing better. Rest in Peace Mr. Bush.

2 Likes

Rest in Peace President Bush

Well said RIP sir

George Bush was a great family man, a decent president who had a strong foreign policy. Under rated as a vice president.

May he rest in peace.

1 Like

Woke up earlier this morning to hear of his passing. Interesting story about what went down when he had to break his promise of no new taxes. Had not heard it before. Seems he knew it would be a large detriment to his career, but he felt he had to do it for his country. Admirable.

RIP good sir.

1 Like

Woke up this morning to news of his passing.

Thank you Mr. President for your service to this country. It was an honor to have you as my president. You will be missed here, but I’m glad you are back with Barbara. RIP.

The first man I ever voted for for President.

Would do it again.

A great president, wish he could have had a second term. Rest in peace President Bush.

Damn…RIP

The most underrated president on foreign policy of the 20th century.

1 Like

When I was a kid I got to meet President Bush. He spoke at the church I grew up in here in DC. As a young acolyte at the church I sat right behind him and my pastor. At the end of service he spoke to our group and shook our hands. He was a good guy. Thanks President Bush for your service to this country. RIP

2 Likes

Agree. The Soviet Union breakup was a balancing act that had to be handled just-so. He carried it off masterfully.

I watched a documentary about how his administration handled the end of the Cold War and it was just masterful.

The most amazing thing is that Poppy refused to use the breakup of the Soviet Union for domestic political gain. Everyone in his administration was given strict instructions that there was to be no “victory lap” publicly.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with that.

1 Like

RIP GHWB

10char

I loved Carvey’s impressions of Bush- but I didn’t know if it would be impolite to link to Carvey after Bush’s passing. Its great to hear that he had such a great sense of humor that they were friends.

Its also a testament to Bush that he was good friends with his political opponents. We need more classy people like HWB in these times. RIP.

I would like to skydive period. To be doing it still at his age is inspiring. I didn’t necessarily agree with everything he did as President but I always respected him and thought he was honorable and genuine. I hope he is enjoying the long goodbye. I hope his family appreciates what a good life he led and are celebrating rather than mourning.

Actually, I believe Poppy showed up on SNL to mock Dana Carvey for “nuh’guh’duh it” impression. I think it was after Carvey left the show but came back to host.