Both the Republoican and Democrate bills to re-open gov failed

So now Trump can hold THEM hostage?

Cool plan bro…

1 Like

“I will be glad to shut down the Government”

President Donald J Trump

Looks like only one side to me.

No wall. Period. That is non-negotiable.

If Trump wants to withhold people’s paychecks to try to force, I guess he likes making people suffer to avoid embarrassing himself. Doesn’t mean Dems have to play ball.

Yes by BOTH sides

And how do you propose to do that sir?

No vote on two competing bills in senate.

Looks like both sides of the isle in the senate refusing to try and open it back up.

That right there is the problem

The President shut down the Government.

The Senate GOP is too chicken ■■■■ to spank him even though they easily could.

This is on one side and one side only.

The side that refuses to pay people because they want to extract concessions from the other side.

How are Dems using federal employees as a bargaining chip? I don’t see that at all.

Simple. Don’t negotiate for their pay. Stand firm. They have nothing to do with any of this. They shouldn’t have their lives disrupted because of it. Open the government.

And we are back to 1/3 dictating what the other 2/3’s should do.

Only if you think we need a wall – we don’t.
Or if you think a wall is popular – it’s not.
Or if you think Trump actually cares about Border Security – he doesn’t.

We aren’t obligated to play along with Trump’s propaganda just because a bunch of people are frightened of immigrants.

It’s dictating to pay people for their work?

If you are looking at both sides, why did you ask if it will spur real negotiations from Pelosi, but you didn’t ask if it will spur real negotiations from McConnell?

Why can’t they open govt and vote in the wall separately? That’s how things were done for centuries.

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. My opinion is we need the wall.

And there we go again. 1/3 (house) dictating to the other 2/3 (senate/president)

Then maybe the 1/3 should agree to the bill the other 2/3’s will pass/sign to get people working/paid again.

Why do I get the impression that Snow would be singing a different tune about this strategy if it were Obama shutting down govt unless the Republicans voted for single payer healthcare.

You never answered my question.

Do you support using federal employees livelihood as a bargaining chip in negotiations for a wall?

1 Like

I think the R’s did give stuff. You know like DACA and TAP concessions. D’s haven’t given squat.

Let’s see if you can guess why this post is ironic.

You were not around on the old board when I chastized the R’s for passing stuff they knew the D’s wouldn’t pass.

it goes BOTH ways.