Both the Republoican and Democrate bills to re-open gov failed

Completely untrue. And you couldn’t prove it if you tried. But keep marching up that hill.

If this were true, we would have a bill ready to go back to the house to be voted on there as well. But D’s don’t want it so they voted against it.

They don’t care about the Coast Guard either.

Yes it is.

Why won’t the Dems open up government by funding a wall?

It has to do with, well neither side compormising at the moment.

Priorities.

Democrats want to open the government.

Trump and the GOP want a wall.

2 Likes

Your pretending that the D’s didn’t vote for the R bill.

There were TWO bills. BOTH failed. How is it untrue that D’s voted against opening the government on the bill they opposed?

Six republican senators have already abandoned Trump. More are sure to follow.

Serious question Snow…do you support the tactic of shutting down the govt as a means to force the other side to vote for your bill?

Do you really want govt to devolve into that?

2 Likes

Answering a question with a question is a convenient dodge.

I’ll answer yours as a gesture of good faith. Because they don’t want a wall.

Now, back to the question why won’t Republicans fund government without funding a wall?

2 Likes

Because one side isn’t getting what they want.

Both sides are guilty of it at the moment.

Trump supporters always leaving out this tiny detail: A wall that fat donald promised Mexicans would pay for.

So they’re going to hold 800k employees pay until they get what they want?

There’s a word for this kind of “situation”.

2 Likes

Because they want funding for the wall.

Only one side is making demands.

A wall that fat donald promised Mexicans would pay for.

How does shutting down the government get them funding for their wall?

You act like this is the first time government has shut down. Jimmy Carter forced the government shutdown over abortion, I believe. Multiple times.

Hostages.
.>>>>

1 Like

Oh brother. We are going in cirlces and I’m not chasing anymore.

R’s didn’t vote for the D bill. D’s didn’t vote for the R bill. BOTH sides are responsible from Today forward at the very least.

What I’d like to see happen:

Lock the majority and minorty leaders of both houses into a room. They have to eat and sleep in that room until they come out with a bill that they think BOTH houses can pass.

If they do and Trump veto’s, then I hope they have enough to over ride. Otherwise, they get locked into a room again until they have a new compromise.

Not in circles. I thought we were actually getting somewhere.

Would you say that the federal employees are being used as a bargaining chip?

I would.

I don’t think the GOP actually wants government open. If they did, they’d have it done by now. So far, they haven’t because they don’t want to give up their leverage.

I support the Dems refusing to allow federal employees being used as bargaining chips.

Do you support that?

1 Like