Both the Republoican and Democrate bills to re-open gov failed

The left doesn’t care about border security- we do
You think most Americans don’t want more border security - they do
You think the left cares about the federal employees going without pay - they don’t
We aren’t obligated to play along and be lied to again about improving border security just because the left cares more about illegals than they do the American people.

DACA and TPS protections were things that Trump took away.

You can’t light someone’s house on fire and then act like putting it out is doing them a favor. They’re not dumb.

1 Like

I support congress doing their ■■■■■■■ jobs and passing a bill BOTH houses will pass and the president will sign.

Still dodging the question I see.

I don’t think any conservatives on this board have given me an answer. I’ll keep trying though. I think it’s a good question.

3 Likes

Wall or border security?

Took away?

DACA was not passed by legislation in the house/senate signed by a president. It was a program created by a president, so it can be ended by a president.

TAP: Gee Trump is actually making the program TEMPORARY. You the T in the acronym. It wasn’t legislated to be a permanent thing for the refugees. Come here while your county rebuilds, then go back. What’s so hard to understand about that?

They can’t answer you. Their entire argument is built on a house of cards so they just keep suggesting we play checkers instead.

No, the left has lied about dealing with border security and illegals for centuries, What we just supposed to accept their lies again just to please you?

Because congress is failing in doing their job, people are not getting paid. I support congress doing their job so people get paid. I don’t know how I can make that any more clear.

[quote=“Oldandtired, post:68, topic:122539”]
centuries
[/quote] Centuries???

And D’s support money for border security. They did “give stuff”.

Nothing hard to understand about that.

You’ve only confirmed my statement is correct. Trump took away DACA and TPS. Now he’s negotiating to give them back. That’s not going to impress anyone.

2 Likes

You could try actually answering the question.

Do you support using federal employees livelihood as a bargaining chip?

Not on the bill that was voted down in the senate. It was a clean bill funding all departments until the end of fiscal year, with the exception of homeland security that would be funded to feb 8 to allow time to negotiate any wall funding.

There was not boarder security funding in the bill the D’s had in the senate voted down today.

I support congress doing their jobs. I can’t say it any plainer than that. If congress can’t do their jobs, then this is what happens people suffer.

BOTH sides are using them as bargaining chips. If it wasn’t true, the D’s would have a bill with wall funding and people would go back to work.

How are Dems using them as bargaining chips? (I asked this earlier but you didn’t reply to it)

The Dems aren’t the ones that refuse to fund the government unless their demands are met.

1 Like

“not one penny for a wall”

I don’t understand. That’s not using them as a bargaining chip. That’s just saying they don’t want to fund a wall. It literally has nothing to do with federal employees.

2 Likes

Democrats shouldn’t compromise with Trump, because he doesn’t act in good faith. It would be as wise as a parent compromising with a bratty three year old. Trump wouldvtake away only one lesson: I can get away with and profit from this behavior!

So you oppose the practice of shutting down the govt to force the opposition to vote for your bill?