Bos'un's ChatBox

Personally I lean against midwives because a good pregnancy can turn into something complex rather quickly, especially during delivery.

I think the “chief complaint” system came to be when more and more people need doctors, and doctors need to increase their income- maximize panel size.

I’m about ready to write one of those torrid romance novels where a woman puts the cats in the car and leaves behind everything, including a good corporate job, for the wilds of Montana.

She changes her identity; can’t find anything but a crappy job mucking out horse stalls; and meets a ranch hand or someone whose more like her and shares her ideas and desires.

They marry, start a riding academy; rescue more dogs and cats; and live happily ever after. If I could only come up with an original title

Sorry I’ve had a bad night, and need to return to the scene of the bad night to catch up on work. I’d love to just pack up the kittens and split for that horse stable job, but it’s strictly a daydream.

1 Like

Much love to you. :two_hearts:

Life’s gonna get you down.

1 Like

One more hour before I gotta leave.

But you know what they say—don’t get mad, get into their pocketbooks :smiling_imp:

It boggles my mind how grown men and women can take a job that’s fairly simple and straight forward, even interesting, and turn it into a complicated mess, and the rest of us are stuck cleaning it up.

My part of those wilds of Montana would forbid desk jockeys and corporate dweebs who really don’t investigate before making really bad decisions.

1 Like

Conversation between a 6-yr. old boy and his mom who were sitting behind my dad and I at lunch:

Little boy: Is shrimp an animal?
Mom: Uhhh…pauses
Little boy: I don’t like shrimp!
Mom: Your brother likes shrimp. And you’ve never tried it.
B: But we kill shrimp to eat them! That’s cruel!
Mom: But we kill chickens for your chicken nuggets. And if we don’t kill and eat some animals, they’ll eat us. It’s the circle of life.
Boy: BUT CHICKENS AREN’T ANIMALS!

Kids say the darndest things.

That sounds like liberal rationalization. The little boy is forming excuses. But it is a cute comments. Kids do say the darnest things.

1 Like

Another random thought of the day:

Rest in peace Dusty. Rock on.

2 Likes

I listen to ZZ Top on Spotify most of the time, also some Canned Heat and other Rock and Blues groups.

2 Likes

Zz Top will always be a great band. Their Deguello album is still a goodie, as well as their performance of Viva Las Vegas.

2 Likes

I totally understand anyone who opts out of parenthood. I didn’t have a great relationship with my mother, who really has no sense of boundaries, so why did I think I could give that to another?

Just glad I don’t have two or more kids for more arguing and unpleasantness. So the one my dad should have divorced ages ago is retired, living her life as a computer jockey, using it to mind others’ business.

She texts me at 0700–really?! No life?! About how I’ve just got to get my daughter into college credit courses to “save thousands of dollars”. She should know by now I don’t like unsolicited help, and really, those courses also have a fee, and if the kid isn’t interested, why not save the money?

I texted back with so can the U S Army or any number of civilian employers who offer some level of tuition assistance, plus work experience and beginning retirement accounts early.

Get the brat to school, and an Assistant Principle waves his hand at me to STOP for kids crossing, and I do. Isn’t that what you do if the palm of someone’s hand is in your face?Brat pulls out an insult about how I have “no common sense”, I could have gone up to the intersection. The insult isn’t one I ever use, gee, I wonder where she learned it?!

So I’ve now gotten into TWO arguments, really great way to start a day off. The kittens are far more worthwhile investments of my time than family life.

Sorry, Bos’un, if this isn’t what you had in mind for this box. I’m going to go stuff my face with lemon bars and coffee now.

2 Likes

Actually this Janet. This is a place to let whatever comes to mind. We used to have something similar to a Twitter feed in the old forum. It was a good place to vent, clear the air, entertain take little sparring jabs at our friends on the left or right, and have fun.

And yes ZZ Top is performing and on tour. And, Dusty picked his base guitar replacement.

Janet you are always welcome at Bos’un’s place. :guitar:

2 Likes

This is a cool gas station in Cougar, Oklahoma

Cogar_Kelly

3 Likes

And another

I like places like this

2 Likes

Last night of volunteering at the ranch.

2 Likes

Thank you, Bos’un!

After another round of arguing, I finally could take no more, told my daughter she was 15, not 5, and it was up to her to accept certain responsibilities rather than blaming mom. That felt great!

As kids go, I could do worse. But parenting teens has its moments where I really feel “I became a parent, why?”

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

If it was a photo of the farm in Williamsburg, everyone would be blurred out.

That is a nice photo of the ranch, by the way.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Defending-Jacob-William-Landay/dp/0804176507/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=2RY5Z3DIK4WF2&keywords=defending+jacob&qid=1637155172&sprefix=defending+%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-6

The above is a highly recommended read by a Boston attorney. It deviates from the suspense genre in telling the aftermath of arrest—what do these individuals and their families go through legally?

How does a murder trial in Massachusetts differ from other states? What is the role of Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs)? How are juries selected?

With regards to the accused, might some behaviors be genetic? Is the current accusation unexpected, or is it part of a pattern that shows a menacing individual, whether or not they’re guilty of the current charge?

It’s a little different from the suspense genre, which ends when a suspect is arrested, and really does give some food for thought.

1 Like

The legendary Texas band, ZZ Top, and Texas’ Balcones Distilling is a match made in whisk(e)y heaven.

1 Like

This just showed up on YouTube:

This truly is the most amazing story I’ve ever seen.

Rest In Peace, and thank you for your service, Major. :us::de: :finland:

1 Like

Billy Gibbons told a great story about That’s the Guy.